problem with Netscape java plugin

Post by David Pen » Thu, 31 May 2001 11:08:12

For certain reason, i need to install java plug in for Netscape.

OS here is Solaris 2.6.

I download java1.3.0 .bin file and patches file from sun.

Even after I install all need patches, when I visit page including java,
Netscape crash with "bus error". pls help me!

any response is highly appreciated!

David Penn
pengyun<at>huawei.com

Post by br.. » Thu, 31 May 2001 23:36:23

: For certain reason, i need to install java plug in for Netscape.

: OS here is Solaris 2.6.

: I download java1.3.0 .bin file and patches file from sun.

: Even after I install all need patches, when I visit page including java,
: Netscape crash with "bus error". pls help me!

Do you need to reboot after installing any of the above patches?

What version of Netscape are you running?   Is NPX_PLUGIN_PATH set?

I using the Java plugin 1.3 fine on Solaris 2.6 Generic_105181-23 Sparc.