Replace a file within a apackage

Post by Chandrashekar Tipp » Fri, 11 Jun 2004 00:21:35

All,

Is there a way to replace a file within a given package?

- Shekar

1. **** FINDING & REPLACING A STRING WITHIN MANY FILES *****

I'm looking for a shell script that recursively finds and replace strings
within multiple files all on or below a certain directory level. The string is
not necessarily less than one line of each file.
I imagine this is possible with find and grep and something else ???
Put a little more simply I'm trying to for example:

 REPLACE 'APPLE' by 'BANNANA' in all files in and below current directory

Please copy reply also to my e-mail address since I'm an infrequent visitor
to this newsgroup.
Thanks in advance ... Philip

2. Pop 2 and Pop 3 running concurrently

3. Search and replace within a file.

4. mail server - hostname lookup

5. -- How to search and replace within many files ? --

6. Configure dynamic PPP server under SCO Open Server 5.0

7. How does one put an echo command within a search/replace query?

8. Way to change greeting and goodbye from wu-ftpd?

9. replacing variables within a shell-script

10. Replace all spaces within certain columns to zeros....

11. replacing variables within a shell-script

12. search/replace within a function

13. Replacing RPM-placed files w/non-RPM files