no boot strange error message

Post by U. Lemg » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:14:31

I've an old SPARC20 Tatung UNIX Workstation running Solaris 2.5 (SunOS V
R4).
Now this workstation wont boot. It start the memory check, find the
harddrives and the boot track and hangs with following error messages.

<#0> ok boot

args:
SunOS 5.7 Version Generic_106541-04 [UNIX(R) System V Release 4.0]

You can see this messages only for a short time, because the machine
starts a reboot.

Does anybody had seen such behaviour and what's wrong ?

Thanks in advance

Uwe

no boot strange error message

Post by U. Lemg » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:19:33

Oh,  excuse me the message wasn't complited:

I've an old SPARC20 Tatung UNIX Workstation running Solaris 2.5 (SunOS V
R4).
Now this workstation wont boot. It start the memory check, find the
harddrives and the boot track and hangs with following error messages.

<#0> ok boot

args:
SunOS 5.7 Version Generic_106541-04 [UNIX(R) System V Release 4.0]
Copyright  (c) 1983 - 1999, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
fatal system fault: sipr=40000000
Async Fault from module 2: afsr b300080 afar=ffba380
aerr0 0 aerr1=0
panic: Fatal Asynchronous Fault

syncing file systems... done

Post by Jimm » Tue, 22 Oct 2002 18:42:37

> I've an old SPARC20 Tatung UNIX Workstation running Solaris 2.5 (SunOS V
> R4).
> Now this workstation wont boot. It start the memory check, find the
> harddrives and the boot track and hangs with following error messages.

> <#0> ok boot

> args:
> SunOS 5.7 Version Generic_106541-04 [UNIX(R) System V Release 4.0]
> Copyright  (c) 1983 - 1999, Sun Microsystems, Inc.
> fatal system fault: sipr=40000000
> Async Fault from module 2: afsr b300080 afar=ffba380
> aerr0 0 aerr1=0
> panic: Fatal Asynchronous Fault

Bad hardware - I suspect this is a multicpu box and that the problem
is one of your CPU's.

-Jimmo

1. Boot issues (will Windows 95 boot from the 2nd drive withBootEasy???; strange error message with wd0)

Two more questions from a FreeBSD newbie:

I have two HDDs: one is WD21600H (1.6 GB) with Windows 95 currently
installed on it; the other is an old Seagate S3290A drive (290 MB), with
a very small (10 MB) DOS partition, and the rest is a big partition with
FreeBSD 2.2.7-RELEASE. The smaller drive is primary master, with
FreeBSD's boot manager installed on it.

1) Irrespective of whether my Windows drive is primary slave or
secondary master, I get the following at the booting time. FreeBSD boot
manager offers me with 3 choices: "DOS", "FreeBSD", and "2nd disk". If I
choose "2nd disk", however, DOS starts booting. I know that Windows must
normally be on the 1st drive, but for some reasons, it would be much
more convenient for me to have my FreeBSD drive as primary master. Is it
at all possible to boot Windows 95 from the 2nd drive with FreeBSD's
boot manager? (I know that it _is_ possible with some commercial
products like BootIt by TeraByte Unlimited.)

2) My motherboard is Intel MARL, with PCI IDE controller (Intel PIIX,
with Bus Mastering). When my bigger drive is installed as primary slave,
everything is OK. When I install it as a secondary master (i.e., I have
wd0 on wdc0 and wd2 at wdc1, without wd1 drive on wdc0), the system
boots almost the same way, finds the wdc1 controller, but issues 1
additional message:

wd0: wdcontrol: wdcommand failed reading fsbn0 wd0: status 1<err> error
4<abort>

Could any kind soul out there explain what does it mean? I can use my
FreeBSD, mount everything from any of the two drives after that, so I
haven't figured out yet what is the error, and what are its (possible)
consequences? By the way: when configuring devices during FreeBSD
instalaltion, it shoes wdc0 and wdc1 among ISA devices, and wdc0 among
PCI devices (i.e., those you cannot configure manually). Does it relate
somehow to my situation? (Like should I reconfigure something manually
with those 2 "ISA wdc"'s, if in fact I have a PCI IDE controller with
two channels?

Many thanks in advance. Sorry for lengthy questions...

Maksym

--
Maksym Kozub
Translator/interpreter (English, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian)

You can also try http://www.kozub.dyn.ml.org (experimental site, down
most of the time!)

2. MOL

3. Strange boot up error messages ?!?!?!

4. webcam

5. Strange error message, very strange ...

6. Missing Man Pages (and other problems...

7. strange error messages in message log

8. Wangtek 5150PK tape drivers? Will SCO drivers work?

9. Strange error messages in error.log

10. Strange error messages in Apache error log

11. error message while booting dma_intr:error=0x51 ...?

12. Ignoring specific boot messages / boot message redirection??

13. strange message from SCSI ahc driver at boot