bizarre rdist problems

Post by safrohl.. » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

rdist appears to be sleeping on both the src and destination and never
finishes. This behavior is only happening from 450's going to ultra 2's.
Vice versa works fine. 450 to sparc 20 or ultra 1 works fine. I have
applied patch 105795-05 (hme patch) as well as 105667-02 (rdist patch).
We're stumped here as is sun tech support so if anyone has any ideas
they'd be appreciated. Also, we are running veritas on all of the 450's,
but we don't think this is the cause of the problem.

Thanks,

Seth

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

bizarre rdist problems

Post by safrohl.. » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Under solaris 2.6 rdist appears to be sleeping on both the src and
destination and never finishes. This behavior is only happening from
450's going to ultra 2's. Vice versa works fine. 450 to sparc 20 or
ultra 1 works fine. I have applied patch 105795-05 (hme patch) as well
as 105667-02 (rdist patch). We're stumped here as is sun tech support so
if anyone has any ideas they'd be appreciated. Also, we are running
veritas on all of the 450's, but we don't think this is the cause of the
problem. All machines are patched to the same level.

Thanks,

Seth

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

bizarre rdist problems

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Tue, 03 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>Under solaris 2.6 rdist appears to be sleeping on both the src and
>destination and never finishes. This behavior is only happening from
>450's going to ultra 2's. Vice versa works fine. 450 to sparc 20 or
>ultra 1 works fine. I have applied patch 105795-05 (hme patch) as well
>as 105667-02 (rdist patch). We're stumped here as is sun tech support so
>if anyone has any ideas they'd be appreciated. Also, we are running
>veritas on all of the 450's, but we don't think this is the cause of the
>problem. All machines are patched to the same level.

Did you install that rdist patch on both ends?  It's typical of

4119069 rdist security fixes break rdist

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

1. bizarre rdist problems

Under solaris 2.6 rdist appears to be sleeping on both the src and
destination and never finishes. This behavior is only happening from
450's going to ultra 2's. Vice versa works fine. 450 to sparc 20 or
ultra 1 works fine. I have applied patch 105795-05 (hme patch) as well
as 105667-02 (rdist patch). We're stumped here as is sun tech support so
if anyone has any ideas they'd be appreciated. Also, we are running
veritas on all of the 450's, but we don't think this is the cause of the
problem. All machines are patched to the same level.

Thanks,

Seth

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Newby is fighting with SLOTS

3. rdist: can't get rdist working ... permission denied

4. Need help Sco TTY config

5. Rdist problem- that's not a problem???

6. setting up Linux Virtual Server (LVS)

7. Bizarre Virtual Host Logging Problem

8. Which GNU General Public License Editor are the best for C programming

9. Bizarre FTP/Modem problem: stalls on RPM files

10. bizarre problem with X windows

11. Bizarre network application problem

12. Bizarre Print Problem with RH 7.1

13. Bizarre arp problem with Linux Fedora 'Yarrow'