Solaris Crash Help!

Post by Southeast Georgia Regional Development Cente » Wed, 02 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I loaded up samba-2_0_4b-nonist+-sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1.tar.Z binary on
a Sparc 5 running Solaris 5.2.1..
The system was rebooted and now will not recover. It responds with a
"SEGMENTATION FAULT".
Went to the Samba homepage and checked the archives and found this:

"Samba Binaries archive: Solaris SPARC Packages *will* destroy a system
on installation"

But I get:

"Sorry, I cant find:

/listproc/samba-binaries/0024.html"

ANYONE who knows how to deal with this problem or the doc. for it please
let me know.

I am not a newbe this is my third platform install the others were good
to go (SunOS 4.1.3 & Openlinux 1.1 ), so if you need to get technical
then do.

Ron Sadowski
GIS Coordinator
Southeast Ga. R.D.C.