Internet Explorer 5.0 on Solaris 2.7 Sparc

Internet Explorer 5.0 on Solaris 2.7 Sparc

Post by Christopher Robert Woo » Sat, 07 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Anyone gotten IE 5.0 working on Solaris 2.7?  I get it installed fine,
but I get a registry setting failed error.   Running
/usr/local/microsoft/bin/iexplorer doesn't generate any errors to the
console or to /var/adm/messages.

I am wondering since this is an MS product do I have to reboot?

Any responses appreciated!

(PS - Yes, we already have Netscape running, so please don't try to
start a browser holy war)

"...will you reach out if you can't resist?" - jumpda****up, Soulfly

1. Unable to get Internet Explorer 5 with Solaris 2.7 to work

I have been unable to get Internet Explorer 5 to with with Solaris 2.7

The install gives 'registry setup for internet explorer failed' and
generates a core file. No other error messages are given

Running iexplorer uses a lot of CPU and then comes back to the command
prompt with no browser.

Outlook express does seem to work

Any ideas

Thanks
Trevor

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. MMAP w/ kernel 1.3.11

3. Internet Explorer 5 on Solaris 2.7

4. splitting (subnet) an IP segment into smaller

5. Internet Explorer for Solaris (Sparc)

6. Terminfo versus Termcap

7. ostream::operator<< deadlocks in MT environment under Sun's C++ 5.0 / Solaris 2.7

8. TU-78 tape drives and EOT

9. Problem with STL set on Solaris 2.7 SC 5.0 compilers

10. CISCO AS2509-RJ as Console Terminal for SUN SPARC Ultra 5 on Solaris 2.7

11. mozilla.org's "phoenix" v0.5 Solaris 2.7+/SPARC binaries available ...

12. Tomcat 3.2.1 + apache 1.3.19 + solaris 2.7(sparc) = impossible?

13. Install of Solaris 2.7 on Sparc 20