Web-based discussion server.

Post by alfw.. » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 11:33:40

Dear All,

  Could someone advice if there is product running in solaris can be use as a
web-based discussoin server(never lotus notes/domino)? (Like news group but
can upload attachment)Please recommend if any commercial/non-commercial
product if possible Thank you very much

Alfred Wong

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Peter Sundstro » Wed, 01 Nov 2000 12:35:12

> Dear All,

>   Could someone advice if there is product running in solaris can be use
as a
> web-based discussoin server(never lotus notes/domino)? (Like news group
but
> can upload attachment)Please recommend if any commercial/non-commercial
> product if possible Thank you very much

Have a look at http://www.discusware.com/discus/

1. Anyone got scripts for web-based discussions?

Web-based discussion groups seem to be one of this month's WWW fads.
They're sort of like usenet, with users reading messages, posting

Some packaged systems like Front Page build them automatically, but
that's not real appealing to me since I run BSD/OS and Apache, not
Windows and Front Page.

So before I reinvent a fairly large wheel, does anyone have discussion
groups scripts they'd be willing to share?  TIA.

--
John R. Levine, IECC, POB 640 Trumansburg NY 14886 +1 607 387 6869

2. Once again: Large Filesystems on Open Server 5

3. web-based threaded discussion package

4. Strange NFS problem with linux server?

5. Best Web-based Discussion Group Software - Unix/NT?

6. read irq

7. Help finding web based Discussion Group software

8. serious performance problem on SAVEVG?

9. Commercial - Linux Servers with Web-Based Administration

10. web-based email server

11. web-based email server for multiple domains

12. Free comprehensive web-based server vulnerability assessment!

13. Looking for a web-based email server