newbie needs help getting Solaris 7 x86 installed on laptop

newbie needs help getting Solaris 7 x86 installed on laptop

Post by news » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

I have an IBM Thinkpad i 1411 and cant get Solaris x86 7 installed
and running on it. I am using the device configuration disk and cd with
the laptop and half way thru the install the system hangs and I cant finish
setting up Solaris on the laptop. Your help is appreciated.

Ben Scott

Post by Mark Parke » Wed, 07 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> I have an IBM Thinkpad i 1411 and cant get Solaris x86 7 installed
> and running on it. I am using the device configuration disk and cd with
> the laptop and half way thru the install the system hangs and I cant finish
> setting up Solaris on the laptop. Your help is appreciated.

> Ben Scott

  I don't know for sure but I've heard that Sun stopped supporting(i.e.
writing drivers for) laptops back in 2.5.1. We've a guy that had a heck of a
time finding a laptop that would run Solaris. Linux may be the answer here
unless there are Solaris Specific apps you need to run.

-mark

1. newbie... need help w/ install Solaris for x86

Hi all,
  I'm having a bit of problem w/ my recent attempt to install Solaris
2.5 for x86. after the install I get a prompt

'name of my computer' console login:

I can't get past this part. During the install, only password it asked
was root password. can anyone shed a light on this...  thanks in
advance!
Joshua Choe             University of California, Davis
PO Box 72440            Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Davis, CA 95617
916-759-4389 vm

2. Help! Newbie has CD-ROM prob.

3. Newbie needs help with Solaris x86 install

4. User: nobody3

5. Newbie needs help installing solaris x86

6. Shell Scripting

7. help with Solaris 8 x86 install on laptop

8. How to get biff to work on an RS/6000

9. Newbie needs laptop install help

10. newbie needs help on installing & getting the trident TGUI9680 drivers

11. Newbie needs help getting and installing KDE

12. Q: Newbie installing Sol8 on x86 - web access help needed