Syslog question - getting other hosts' syslog messages

Syslog question - getting other hosts' syslog messages

Post by Tony Curti » Wed, 05 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Re: Syslog question - getting other hosts' syslog messages,

indy> running syslog.  It is currently only collecting
indy> messages related to it.  I have several other hosts
indy> and devices that I want SPARCY to get their syslog
indy> messages from.  They are configured to send their

man -s4 syslog.conf

     The action field indicates where  to  forward  the  message.
     Values for this field can have one of four forms:

        selector are to be forwarded to the syslogd on the  named
        host.

hth
tony
--
Tony Curtis, Systems Manager, VCPC,      | Tel +43 1 310 93 96 - 12; Fax - 13
Liechtensteinstrasse 22, A-1090 Wien, AT | <URI:http://www.vcpc.univie.ac.at/>