STOP - A key sequences

Post by Scott Giffor » Tue, 24 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:> I just wondering if anyone know what are the key sequences on a pc keyboard
> that is same as Stop A on a Sun keyboard. I have seen it somewhere before but
> can't remember now.

On our SolarisX86 systems, CTRL-Break works.

------Scott.

1. Mapping two key sequences to one key?

I've recently moved a student information system from a mainframe to an
RS/6000 running AIX. We're currently supporting VT100 and VT220 emulation,
and I'm looking for a way to map two different key sequences to the same
VT100/VT220 key. Let me explain:

The system uses F3 and F4 for Page Up and Page Down (a mainframe legacy).
It's written in Software AG's Natural, which (for mainframe compatability)
can only accept keyboard input when ENTER or a function key is pressed. We
would like to assign the PgUp and PgDn keys so that they can also be used
for paging. The client telnet software sends ^[OR for F3, and something
like ^[[5~ (I don't have the codes in front of me at the moment) for PgUp.
If possible, I would like to set things up so that either of these codes is
interpreted as an F3. I realize that remapping keys at the host end will
effectively disable PgUp/PgDn in other applications, but since this system
is the only one running on the machine this is not a problem.

I do *not* want to redefine the keys at the client software end, as access
to the system is (will be) possible from any telnet client on the net.
That's too many clients for us to reconfigure, and it would adversely
affect the client's telnet to other hosts.

I tried setting F3 to both sequences in the termcap file, but had no luck.
Perhaps what I need is a Unix utility to intercept input and remap ^[[5~ to
^[OR? I am still new to Unix, and would be grateful for any information
anyone might be able to pass on.

Bill Peterson
Senior Programmer/Analyst
University of Wisconsin System Administration
Office of Information Services

2. How to forward a message?

3. How to re-map the stop-a sequence

4. SURVEY questions

5. VT100 Have Local Print Key ESC Sequence?

6. Q: pathname limitation in '#!' line

7. How to control/disable the L1-A key sequence for Sun/Sparc ?

8. IRQ routing problems on Transmeta laptop

9. How to define key sequences for X clients?

10. WYSE terminal keyboard sequence for ESCAPE and STOP+A

11. It must be an interesting sequence of key strokes

12. How do I disable these key sequences?

13. bindkey - command sequence on one key