Unable to download files on Netscape 4.76

Unable to download files on Netscape 4.76

Post by Sean Mar » Thu, 16 May 2002 23:55:12

Hi,

I'm using a Sun Fire V100 server that is preinstalled with Solaris 8.
Netscape 4.76 is the browser that ships with this install.  Whenever I
try to download anything (e.g. the latest J2SE from java.sun.com) the
"Netscape Download" dialog box appears but the percentage downloaded
stays at 0% indefinitely.  I had the same problem with the Intel
version of Solaris 8, but had more success with Netscape 6.2.  Has
anyone else experienced this problem?  Is it a Netscape issue or
possibly a problem with my firewall setup?  The java.sun.com site uses
HTTP transfers, so I wouldn't think it would be a firewall issue.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Sean.

Post by Benn » Fri, 17 May 2002 01:12:15

> Hi,

> I'm using a Sun Fire V100 server that is preinstalled with Solaris 8.
> Netscape 4.76 is the browser that ships with this install.  Whenever I
> try to download anything (e.g. the latest J2SE from java.sun.com) the
> "Netscape Download" dialog box appears but the percentage downloaded
> stays at 0% indefinitely.  I had the same problem with the Intel
> version of Solaris 8, but had more success with Netscape 6.2.  Has
> anyone else experienced this problem?  Is it a Netscape issue or
> possibly a problem with my firewall setup?  The java.sun.com site uses
> HTTP transfers, so I wouldn't think it would be a firewall issue.

> Any suggestions gratefully received.

> Sean.

Are you using ADSL ?
If you are set the MTU to 1492 on your interfaces.

regards,
Benny
--
Disclaimer:
My opinions are not to be confused with those of my employer, Sun

Post by Sean Mar » Thu, 23 May 2002 04:41:15

> > Hi,

> > I'm using a Sun Fire V100 server that is preinstalled with Solaris 8.
> > Netscape 4.76 is the browser that ships with this install.  Whenever I
> > try to download anything (e.g. the latest J2SE from java.sun.com) the
> > "Netscape Download" dialog box appears but the percentage downloaded
> > stays at 0% indefinitely.  I had the same problem with the Intel
> > version of Solaris 8, but had more success with Netscape 6.2.  Has
> > anyone else experienced this problem?  Is it a Netscape issue or
> > possibly a problem with my firewall setup?  The java.sun.com site uses
> > HTTP transfers, so I wouldn't think it would be a firewall issue.

> > Any suggestions gratefully received.

> > Sean.

> Are you using ADSL ?
> If you are set the MTU to 1492 on your interfaces.

> regards,
> Benny

Thanks - that did the trick.

Sean.

1. Importing addresses into Netscape 4.76 Addressbook

Hi,

I'm trying to get my addresses from Outlook to Netscape 4.76 (Linux)
addressbook. I found several pages which say, that this must be possible
from version 4.5 on.
Unfortunately when I try to import a .pst file nothing happens - not even
an error message. Same thing happens, when I try to import a .csv file.

Did anybody have the same problem?

Thanks a lot

Heinz

2. errors in bootup

3. Wheel mouse in Netscape 4.76?

4. malloc structure in Solaris2.4

5. netscape 4.76 problems

6. process ID from netstat/port number

7. Netscape 4.76 Bus Error

8. smitty in single user mode

9. how to completely uninstall netscape communicator 4.76 from a freebsd machine?

10. netscape 4.76

11. Netscape 4.76

12. Netscape 4.76 refresh problem after installing patches

13. Importing Addressbooks into Netscape 4.76