Printing to NT queue

Post by Chris Branno » Sun, 07 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I'm trying to print from a Solaris 2.5.1 machine to an NT 4.0 Workstation
machine running TCPIP Printing Services.  The print job is destined for an
HP 5MP postscript printer attached to the NT machine via the parallel
port.

Everything works from the NT machine.  Text files work fine from the
Solaris machine, but postscript files just print the actual ps code.

If I force the NT machine to pass files through directly (by hacking a
registry key with regedit; a tip gleaned from the MS knowledge base), then
postscript files print just fine.  But, text files get passed through unix
line endings, so the printer just prints the first 80 characters or so.

In the meantime, I've set up two "printers" for LTP1 on the NT machine.
One is called ps (with the registry key hacked) and the other is called
text (no hack).  Very kludgy.

Anyone know of a way I can allow users to print either text or postscript
files without having to specify anything special?

Thanks,
Chris

Regards,
Chris Brannon

1. RS/6000 and Formscape printing to NT Queues

Greetings

We have a problem with printing using Formscape.

From our developers NT pc to Formscape queue on the NT server and then
to the printer is OK

From the RS/6000 to Formscape on the NT server does not work.

We are sending a file of 11 pages of 56 lines from the RS/6000
When it gets to Formscape, it shows up as 13 pages of data.

Any Clues ??

Regards

Alex

2. Help on compiling XFORMS

3. point solaris print queue to win2000 print queue

4. Broken lpsched/lpNet on Solaris 2.3 system

5. Problem with Windows NT print queues

6. SUMMARY: rsh output to remote hosts

7. Print to Windows NT - Waiting Queue to Be Enabled?

8. how to mount network drives on solaris?

9. How to set remote print queue to NT

10. Setup printer queue on Solaris to print to NT

11. Printing to Windows NT queue

12. Printing to an NT-Queue

13. Network and Win95/NT print queues on AIX 4.2 and up