S/Key for Solaris 2.x?

Post by Gertjan van Oost » Wed, 10 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Has anyone ported S/Key to Solaris 2.x (or to any other SysV-based OS)?

--

S/Key for Solaris 2.x?

Post by Ronald Kueh » Wed, 10 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Has anyone ported S/Key to Solaris 2.x (or to any other SysV-based OS)?

Hello,

you can try the logdaemon package from Wietse Venema. It's available from
ftp.win.tue.nl:/pub/security/logdaemon-5.0.tar.gz.

Bye,
  Ronald
--
Ronald Kuehn, TUC Rechenzentrum,  Erzstrasse 51,  D-38678 Clausthal-Zellerfeld

********************** Crisis over, back to panic mode! **********************

S/Key for Solaris 2.x?

Post by Ran Atkins » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Has anyone ported S/Key to Solaris 2.x (or to any other SysV-based OS)?

NRL OPIE is a derivative of Bellcore "S/Key" (TradeMark of Bellcore),
is backwards-compatible with S/Key, and is also compliant with the
emerging IETF One-Time Passwords standard.  NRL OPIE is freely
distributable in source form from:

        ftp://ftp.nrl.navy.mil/pub/security/nrl-opie

and will compile out of the box on all major versions of UNIX, including
Solaris 2.x.  The developers have Solaris 2.4 at hand so it gets especially
extensive testing for Solaris 2.4.  It should also work under other System
V variants and is known to work under BSD, Linux, SGI IRIX, HP HPUX, SunOS
4.1.x, Solaris 2.x, etc.

Ran

S/Key for Solaris 2.x?

Post by Gertjan van Oost » Thu, 11 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I asked:

Quote:> Has anyone ported S/Key to Solaris 2.x (or to any other SysV-based OS)?

Replies came from:

The first two pointed me to the S/Key that comes with Wietse Venema's
logdaemon package, which can be found on:

  ftp.win.tue.nl:/pub/security/logdaemon-XX.tar.gz

The latest version as of this date (19960410) is 5.0.
The logdaemon package works on the following platforms (quoted from the
README):

  All code works with SunOS 4, SunOS 5 (Solaris), Ultrix 4.x and other
  BSD43/SYSV4 clones. In addition, the S/Key-ified parts work with IRIX
  5.3, HP-UX 9.0, and Sony NewsOS 4.x; the login clone also reportedly
  works with Linux. There is a very good chance everything now also works
  with Digital UNIX, but I was unable to test this myself.

The third pointed me to OPIE, which can be found on:

  ftp.nrl.navy.mil:/pub/security/nrl-opie/opie-XX.oldtar.gz

The latest version as of this date (19960410) is 2.11.
OPIE works on the following platforms (quoted from the README):

  This software should work on any POSIX-compliant UNIX-like system (see
  the documentation for more details). It will probably not work on
  systems that lack POSIX compliance.

Many thanks to the respondents!

--

1. Alt Key, Meta Key on Solaris 5.7 X terminal?

Hi, All:

I access the Solaris 5.7 server as x terminal. However, I can not use
the Alt key and Meta key.

I tried to use xmodmap to map the key.

I also put a .Xmodmap file in my home directory for .xinitrc.
The file contents are:

clear mod1
clear mod4
add mod1 = Alt_L
add mod4 = Meta_L Meta_R
keysym Alt_L = Alt_L Meta_L
keysym Alt_R = Alt_R Meta_R

And the results when I run "xmodmap -pke" are:

keycode   9 =
keycode  10 =
keycode  11 =
keycode  12 =
keycode  13 = Shift_R Shift_R
keycode  14 = Control_R Control_R
keycode  15 = Alt_R Meta_R
keycode  16 = BackSpace Delete
keycode  17 = Tab Tab
keycode  18 = Alt_L Meta_L
keycode  19 =
keycode  20 = Clear Clear
keycode  21 = Return
keycode  22 =
keycode  23 =
keycode  24 = Shift_L Shift_L
keycode  25 = Control_L Control_L
keycode  26 = Menu Menu
keycode  27 = Pause Pause
keycode  28 = Caps_Lock Caps_Lock
keycode  29 = KP_F1 KP_F1
keycode  30 =
keycode  31 =
... ... ...

But the problem is there is no Alt_L Alt_R key. So the association Meta
key to Alt key definitely not
successful.

Any one has good suggestion for fixing my Alt Key problem?

Zhou

2. linuxppc on 9600 and other old world macs

3. How to get command history using array key (or other keys) in SQLPLUS under Solaris 8

4. bos.up v=4, r=3, m<3 (not installed; requisite fileset)

5. ALT key, Meta Key on Solaris 5.7 Xterminal

6. Experience with SB16 Value PnP ? Point me some resources

7. how to distinguish enter key and key pad enter key?

8. segmentation fault on pci pc

9. SUMMARY: how to distinguish enter key and key pad enter key?

10. ypserv compiled on Solaris 2.5.1 swaps key/value on Solaris 7

11. <Alt>+<key> = <Esc><key> ?

12. Dead Keys / Compose Keys

13. key-repeat on/off broken for individual keys