Q: Netscape + Java + Solaris2.5 don't work

Q: Netscape + Java + Solaris2.5 don't work

Post by Jose Castr » Wed, 13 Aug 1997 04:00:00

 Please help me.  I have not been able to run java in Netscape 3.01 in my
Sun
Sparc/ Solaris machine.  I downloaded Netscape, move java_301 to
my $HOME/.netscape and the lib_something.so to $HOME/.netscape/plugins but
nothing happen.  What the hell am I doing wrong?  I installed Netscape in my
Linux machine and no problems.  I installed netscape on my Win95 machine and
no problems.  Why is it so hard to get Java running on my Sun machine.   Do
I need to say it again .PLEASE HELP ME.   I know it have to be something
very stupid.

Thanks.

1. Arrow Keys don't work in Java Applet on Netscape on SunOS

I'm running a Java applet inside of a Netscape browser under SunOS 4.1.3
type 5 keyboard and I'm having a problem getting arrow keys, and
function keys recognized.  BTW this works fine under Windows/Mac.  When
you press an arrow key or function key there is NO event
generated/intercepted in Java.  I suspect it's either a Java bug or a
problem with key mappings.  I'm pointing to the correct XKeysymDB but
that makes no difference (aside from eliminating the annoying startup
error messages).

Any ideas?

Cliff

--
Remove .nospam at the end of e-mail address to reply. Sorry for the
inconvenience but the junk mail ratio is getting too high.

2. detecting javascript

3. Java applets don't work in Netscape on RH 6.0

4. is this a DHCP problem?

5. RH7.1 and Netscape 4.78 don't do java

6. 2.5.62 Lmbench performance

7. Java applets don't show up in Netscape.

8. Need help looking this guy up.

9. Netscape Wrapper .. java applets don't run

10. Help wanted: java interpreter don't work unter X11

11. java/43724: linux_base-7.1 + linux-sun-jdk-1.3.1.04 don't work

12. Help wanted: java interpreter don't work on X11

13. java/43724: linux_base-7.1 + linux-sun-jdk-1.3.1.04 don't work