scsi zip and solaris

Post by Douglas Wa » Sat, 30 May 1998 04:00:00

I am looking for a driver for iomega's scsi zip driver which will allow us
to place the drive on a Solaris 2.5 machine. We need to expand our
sneeker-net. Is there such a thing.

Douglas

scsi zip and solaris

Post by D. J. Hagbe » Mon, 01 Jun 1998 04:00:00

: I am looking for a driver for iomega's scsi zip driver which will allow us
: to place the drive on a Solaris 2.5 machine. We need to expand our
: sneeker-net. Is there such a thing.

Hook it up and boot -r.  It will show up as a standard SCSI drive.
File system compatability is the only issue at this point.  Sun's
pcfs file system driver will not work with SCSI DOS-formatted
devices -- just floppies.  I would suggest using the mtools and
zip tool.  I found useful info and pointers at:

    http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/ziptool.html

Hope this helps,

                        -=- D. J.

scsi zip and solaris

Post by Cameron Simpso » Thu, 04 Jun 1998 04:00:00

  : I am looking for a driver for iomega's scsi zip driver which will allow us
  : to place the drive on a Solaris 2.5 machine. We need to expand our
  : sneeker-net. Is there such a thing.
  Hook it up and boot -r.  It will show up as a standard SCSI drive.
  File system compatability is the only issue at this point.  Sun's
  pcfs file system driver will not work with SCSI DOS-formatted
  devices -- just floppies.  I would suggest using the mtools and
  zip tool.  I found useful info and pointers at:
      http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/ziptool.html

What he said.

I'd add that I run UFS on most of my Zip discs instead of FAT; I've a couple
of FAT scratch discs for transferring files from the Dark Empire, but
generally I want a prettier filesystem. Ufs works just fine.

My notes on this are at:

        http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/iomega/

Cheers,
--

Distinguishing between political parties on a basis of their respect for
rights is rather like distinguishing between motorcycle gangs on a basis of