How to restrict certain user in the system?

How to restrict certain user in the system?

Post by Haitao Jia » Thu, 02 May 1996 04:00:00

   Like the title says, is there a way to restrict a given user in the
system?, i.e. he can login, but can not do anything else (can not execute
any command or read/write/execute any file)?

Post by Alex Sau-Leung L » Wed, 08 May 1996 04:00:00

:    Like the title says, is there a way to restrict a given user in the
: system?, i.e. he can login, but can not do anything else (can not execute
: any command or read/write/execute any file)?

You may try using restricted shell for the users.
see man restricted_shells for details.

1. SSH how to restrict remote access to certain domains or certain users ?

hi :)

i'd like to enable remote access via ssh to my private computer on the
internet.
(so far my firewall prohibits any access)

yet, i want to restrickt access to certain domains or certain users!

how do i configure that? sorry, i am fairly new to linux (suse 7.0)

do i have to add some statements to the files /etc/hosts.allow or
/etc/hosts.deny?
if yes, please tell me which statements to add :)

thank your very much for your help

cu
ingo

you may answer in english or german :-)

2. grrrr RELAY

3. Q: restricting user from logging in certain tty's

4. Linux On Dell Dimension XPS R450

5. How to restrict hosts for certain users?

6. binary Kermit for Computervision 200x

7. How do I restrict SSH to certain users

8. Taskbar randomly disappears in KDE3

9. How do I restrict site users acces to certain folders

10. restricting certain users from loggin in

11. userdir restricted to certain users- want to split one server into 2 seperate servers

12. Restrict ftp user to certain directory tree?

13. restricting certain user from accessing the web (port 80)