Locale compilation on Solaris 2.7

Post by vinst » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hello all,

We need to create (compile) a new LC_NUMERIC for Solaris. The problem is
that the FAQ that sunsolve provides does not tell us how to do this
specifically.

Does anybody of you know about (or possibly host) a nice FAQ on how to
create/compile your own set of LC*'s ?

Br

Jakob T?rnkvist
ABB Treasury Center (Sweden) AB

1. trouble with solaris 2.7 jumpstart looking for locale

hi,

    i am setting up jumpstart for 2.7 on sun and am having trouble
figuring out why i get a dialog box asking for the locale upon
entering openwindows out of jumpstart.  We are running nis+ on 2.5.1
servers.  We have jumpstart setup fro 2.4, 2.5.1, 2.6 and they all do
not ask for locale.   We have no locale nis+ table and these work fine
and nothing in the jumpstart configurations mention locale.  I tried
adding the locale table for nis+ and it still doesnot work!  Once i
click on "ok" for english/USA jumpstart works fine and never askes
another question.   question: what kinds of data go into the locale
table?  i have been using hostname and en_US and then i used hostname
and US/Eastern.  Neither worked.  Are my permissions incorrect for the
table?  what should they be set to?  does 2.7 use locale whereas 2.5.1
did not???

please help...

me in nc

 With Servers In California, Texas And Virginia - The Worlds Uncensored News Source

2. RS6000, AIX 4.1 and USB

3. radius.3.6B.basic : compilation problem with Solaris 2.7

4. reject ping

5. PGP 6.5.1i compilations problems on Solaris 2.7

6. Open Source viability?

7. Elm 2.5.3 compilations problems on Solaris 2.7

8. Philips CM-206 driver

9. Need Help on SOLARIS 2.7 for compilation...

10. Compilation failure on Solaris 2.7

11. can I install ab Solaris 2.5 to Solaris 2.7 x86

12. Updating 2.7 to 2.7-current - error: __warn_references in libcompat

13. Jumpstart for Solaris 2.5.1 versus Solaris 2.6, 2.7, 2.8