IP Routing Problem with Solaris 2.4

Post by Y Badr » Sun, 03 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Due to a change of company ownership, we recently had to change the IP
>addresses of all machines (PC's Macs, VAXes and Sparcs) from a Class C
>IP address to a subset of a Class B address.  Since then, a new router
>has been brought on line to connect us to the main corporate network.
>The PC's, Macs and the VAX have no difficulty pinging hosts on the
>other side of this router, however, the Sparcs (running Solaris 2.4)
>cannot.

>The *defaultrouter* file on the Sparcs contains the correct IP address
>for the new router, and they can ping its local side without
>difficulty.  However, I have found (using snoop) that when told to ping
>a host beyond the router, they seem to be sending an ARP request for
>the ethernet address of the distant host, which suggests that they
>think it is on the local network.

Have you remembered to put this entry in /etc/netmasks.
138.225.0.0 255.255.255.0

ifconfig will tell you what subnet mask the system thinks applies to an
interface.

Quote:>I have tried adding the following entries to the router table one Sparc:

>route add net 138.225.0.0 138.225.115.1 1
>route add net 138.225.115.0 138.225.115.2 0

No need. This should have already been the case, just by creating
/etc/defaultrouter. netstat -r will show you the routing table.

Quote:>138.225.*.*   is the Class B address of the corporate network,

--

The above opinions are not my own

1. ipfw (IP Firewall), proxy and IP routing on Solaris 2.4

Hi all,

I recently got a SS2, and I'd like to use it for PPP dialup using a modem, as
well as for IP routing/forwarding for the other machines I have, like a
router/proxy server.

I'm looking for a utility that is similar to ipfw/ipfwadm, which is available
for BSD and Linux. ipfw can "masquerade" the IP packets, so it can act as a
proxy server.

If anybody know of such tool/utility, please let me know where I can obtain
it.

Thanks,

--Akira

2. FAT32 support in kernel 2.0.31, where is it???

3. Sparc 5/Solaris 2.4 TCP/IP Problem with SL/IP connections

4. AIX5L (64-bit PPC): what does DEV_64L mean in <sys/device.h>

5. Problems with routing in a Solaris 2.4 box

6. dialup server advice request

7. Routing problems on Solaris 2.4

8. doubt about 0,1,2

9. Routing Problem with Solaris 2.4

10. Solaris 2.4 IP problem - DF bit always set

11. Solaris 2.4 x86 oversized IP problem

12. in.routed dies on Solaris 2.4