Sun Solstice Enterprise Agent

Post by kimt.. » Wed, 30 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi everyone,

I need some help with the Sun Sol. Agent configuration.  I've created
an SNMP trap agent (not using the Sun toolkit) and would like to
integrate it with Sun Sol. Main agent.  However, I don't know which
port where Sun Sol. communicates with an SNMP trap agent.  Is that
information configurable?  Can I set it some where in the .rsrc
or .reg?  Also, I'm not sure how to set the community string for Sun
Sol. agent.  I've tried it several times and it didn't work according
to Sol. document.  Only the community string for MIB2 seems to work
fine.  If you know anything about these topics, drop me a few lines.

Thanks in advance

Kim Tran

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Alwin Brokman » Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:51:36

> Hi everyone,

> I need some help with the Sun Sol. Agent configuration.  I've created
> an SNMP trap agent (not using the Sun toolkit) and would like to
> integrate it with Sun Sol. Main agent.  However, I don't know which
> port where Sun Sol. communicates with an SNMP trap agent.  Is that
> information configurable?  Can I set it some where in the .rsrc
> or .reg?  Also, I'm not sure how to set the community string for Sun
> Sol. agent.  I've tried it several times and it didn't work according
> to Sol. document.  Only the community string for MIB2 seems to work
> fine.  If you know anything about these topics, drop me a few lines.

Hi,
edit /etc/opt/SUNWmd/mdlogd.cf, and read Solstice User Guide Page 214.
Alwin

1. help with Sun's Solstice Enterprise Agent SDK

Anyone use Sun's Solstice Enterprise Agent SDK to develop a subagent?  I
made a MIB and made changes to the auto-generated .c files plus .reg and
.acl files.  However, it is not clear what I must do to make the Master
Agent aware of OIDs handled by this subagent.  Sun's demo example missed
this very important part.  When using dynamic registration, does one
register just the top subtree OID handled and that's enough?  Anyway,
the way it is now, snmpdx quietly dies whenever I send an snmp get
request for anything after I started this subagent.

DOME imaging systems, inc.                    Voice: (781) 895-1183 x147
400 Fifth Ave., Waltham, MA 02451             Fax:   (781) 895-1133

2. Newbie Questions

3. MIBs for Solstice Enterprise Agent

4. "Proper" tar usage for multivolume backups

5. where can I find Solstice Enterprise Agents Development Guide?

6. Buying a Yopy

7. Help: Pthreads and Solstice Enterprise Agents

8. Unix Disk Copier

9. Which standard extensible SNMP agent? (Solstice, Solaris, EMANATE?)

10. Enterprise Agents question?

11. Netscape Enterprise Server: Catalog Agent does not work

12. Enterprise 2.1 Server and Referrer/Agent Logs

13. Problem starting catalog agent on Enterprise 2 and 3