Remote System Control?

Post by WATTERS Paul Andr » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Remote System Control software is
available for an E450? I noticed that Sunsolve only seems
to have it for E250! Help!

Cheers,
Paul
--

Department of Computing
Division of Information & Communication Sciences

Remote System Control?

Post by Randy Sty » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,

> Does anyone know if the Remote System Control software is
> available for an E450? I noticed that Sunsolve only seems
> to have it for E250! Help!

What does this software do?  Is it just the ability to execute
commands somewhere else or to see what someone is doing from a
different session?   If so, our company sells a product called

details.  Thanks!

Computronics
4N165 Wood Dale Road
Addison, Illinois  60101 USA
Phone: 630/941-7767    Fax: 630/941-7714

Remote System Control?

Post by Casper H.S. Dik - Network Security Engine » Sat, 03 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Does anyone know if the Remote System Control software is
>available for an E450? I noticed that Sunsolve only seems
>to have it for E250! Help!

No, only the E250 has the necessary hardware.

Casper
be fiction rather than truth.

Remote System Control?

Post by Lars Wea » Sun, 04 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> > Hi,

> > Does anyone know if the Remote System Control software is
> > available for an E450? I noticed that Sunsolve only seems
> > to have it for E250! Help!

> What does this software do?  Is it just the ability to execute
> commands somewhere else or to see what someone is doing from a
> different session?   If so, our company sells a product called

> details.  Thanks!

Details about the RSC software at

It depends on HW that is not present on a 450.
The HW/SW enables remote console control of a 250, including power off
!,  using a dedicated network/modem connection.

Excellent HW/SW combo when administrating servers at remote locations !!

regards

-lars

Remote System Control?

:
: It depends on HW that is not present on a 450.
: The HW/SW enables remote console control of a 250, including power off
: !,  using a dedicated network/modem connection.
:
: Excellent HW/SW combo when administrating servers at remote locations !!

Indeed - thanks for the info Lars and Casper. Next time, we'll buy a 250 :)

Cheers,
Paul
--

Post by Roger Marqui » Tue, 06 Jul 1999 04:00:00

>Details about the RSC software at

Interesting product though it's not clear what the advantages are
over a serial console server.

--
Roger Marquis
Roble Systems Consulting

Remote System Control?

Post by Richard Ellin » Tue, 06 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> >Details about the RSC software at

> Interesting product though it's not clear what the advantages are
> over a serial console server.

Power on/off.
 -- richard

1. Need solution to obtain remote system control over montior-less machine

I have 2 Linux servers in my home network.  Server #1 is kind of old
without a connected monitor and doesn't have the right port support for
my KVM switch. That being said, I have no solution to be able to
monitor Server #1 as it boots or get into the BIOS from a remote server
(Server #2). Of course once the server is fully booted up I have full
access through telnet, ssh,rsh, etc.  But I have a need to see what is
going on as it boots.  Any software out there for Linux that meets this
requirement?

2. Help with firewall or screening bridge

3. Wanted: rrcs (remote revision control system)

4. CDROM re-installation

5. Remote control of a linux box (using IR remote mainly for multimedia)?

6. setserial help

7. Remote printing problem: waiting for remote system to come up

8. AIX Frequently Asked Questions (Part 1 of 2)

9. Detecting remote systems operating system

10. How do I allow one system to remote mount to another system?

11. Remote FTP Control

12. Remote Control RC10 Truck

13. Remote Control Software for AIX