Need Help with .profile

Post by Ana I. Rodrigu » Wed, 08 Jun 1994 18:41:01

Hallo,

I'm a begginer with Solaris, and I need some help.

I wanted to do the same things I do with my .cshrc in SunOs 4.x.
But I find it very difficult due to my unexperience with Ksh.

My questions are:

1) how to define aliases
2) how can I manage the prompt so that the path is displayed each
time I run a cd command?
3) how can I execute previous commands as the SunOs 4.x format !! or !21?

Thank you in advance,

        Ana

1. HELP: Need help w/ profiling

        I would greatly appreciate some help getting
profiling to work under Linux. I have read the GCC faq,
but either it is inaccurate/incomplete or something is
broken on my system. What I have tried is compiling
and linking with various combinations of the flags -g
-p and -pg and linking with libgmon. The resulting
program then gives a segmentation fault when run.
I am using gcc 2.5.8 and libc 4.5.19.

                                Frederick Umminger

2. Linux/m68k Registration Site

3. Need Help with .profile

4. 2.5.59-mm6 with contest

5. Need help with CDE and .profile

6. Can't compile linux kernal!

7. need help with samba user profiles

8. 10th USENIX Security Symposium 2001 Announcement and Call for Papers

9. Popularizing Linux: High-profile help needed.

10. ksh not reading /.profile or /etc/profile

11. Profile/.profile/.bash_rc/et al.

12. Telnet login doesn't run /etc/profile or $HOME/.profile

13. /etc/profile or $HOME/profile