Which is the good book for Unix Admin book ?

Which is the good book for Unix Admin book ?

Post by gia.. » Wed, 13 May 1998 04:00:00

Which is must-have Unix admin book ?

Thanks,
Robin

Post by Roger Boo » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

: Which is must-have Unix admin book ?

If this isn't in the FAQ it should be.  Since I don't remember
I guess it's time I went back and read the FAQ. :)

"UNIX System Administration Handbook",  Evi Nemeth, Garth Snyder,
Scott Seebass, Trent r Hein, ISBN 0131510517, Prentice Hall.

This is the book to have.  Some of the O'Reilly books are good and
would make good second books, but get this one first.

Roger
The reply-to: address in the headers is a valid address, if you want
to send me e-mail just hit reply and it should work fine.  If your
newsreader is broken and can't deal with that then send your e-mail

Post by Dan Anders » Fri, 15 May 1998 04:00:00

: Which is must-have Unix admin book ?
The "redbook", the _Unix System Administration Handbook_, 2nd ed.
Prentice-Hall, ISBN 0-13-151051-7

--
-
Dan Anderson, San Diego, California

Which is the good book for Unix Admin book ?

Post by Michael Wa » Sat, 16 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>The "redbook", the _Unix System Administration Handbook_, 2nd ed.
>Prentice-Hall, ISBN 0-13-151051-7

This book covers too many OSes but none of them are covered well.
The authors certainly do not understand how Solaris printing works,
and SAF in general.

I would suggest to get a book which covers a particular OS.

Post by She Devil With A Mod » Wed, 20 May 1998 04:00:00

>Which is must-have Unix admin book ?

The Tome Of The Goddess (and friends).

a.k.a The Unix System Administration Handbook, 2nd Ed, by
Evi Nemeth (goddess), Garth Snyder, Scott Seebass, and Trent R. Hein.
ISBN # 0-13-151051-7

http://www.admin.com

A great all-purpose heterogenous-environment book for beginning admins.

--
Small it may well be, my Asatru hearth, but    | Do not           CD  c
Love won't go to waste for the dwellers within | taunt --------P===\==/

1. Good Unix admin books, suggestions?

I find myself supporting a variety of systems in addition to product
support: HP's, Sparcs, Alphas, etc.  Does anyone have any suggestions for
one or two books which might range or mostly range the gamut of admin
issues that one may encounter?  For example, I now have a system
complaining about a bad block on the disk.  How do I track it down?
Isolate it?  Recover from it?

  Another example: backup techniques?  Do any exist and are any better
than the others?

Regards,

Charles Gilley
BARCO Chromatics

2. STB 4COM serial card, no parallel ports

3. Good Unix Admin Book

4. Welcome to comp.unix.shell [Frequent posting]

5. Good book for Solaris or UNIX admin????

6. Test post, please ignore

7. Forced Into Unix Admin - Need a good book.

8. Two XDM questions (xconsole & display permission)

9. A good unix admin book??

10. What′s a good book for a unix admin?

11. Any Good Unix System Admin. Book?

12. FS: Book aix, Book x, Book network