2.4 - to upgrade or not to upgrade

Post by Rick Wilt » Fri, 13 Jan 1995 23:12:02

that is the question....

Anyone point me to where I can find the benefits of moving from Solaris
2.3 to 2.4 ??

Thanks,
Rick.

--
Rick Wilton, PC Software,            | Integrating PC network apps over
Her Majesty's Stationery Office      | OSI, TCP/IP, Novell, W4WG etc.

mean they're not out to get you :).  | Standard disclaimers apply.

1. Solaris 2.3 -> 2.4 upgrade not working?

I'd like to use the upgrade option of Solaris 2.4 to upgrade our Sparc
10 (currently running 2.3). However, it only ever seems to give me the
option of doing an initial installation. After setting the time zone
information I can see it probing the SCSI boot disk, but it always then
goes to the initial installation procedure.

I've tried it using a dump terminal as the console (setting everything to
TVI925 as per the late breaking news doc) and also with a graphics head.
I've also tried disconnection all SCSI devices except the cdrom and
boot disk. Any ideas as to why it's not working?

I'm using halt from single user mode to shutdown 2.3 before booting off
cdrom.

Cheers,

Christopher.
--
Christopher Fraser      `Hackers have better buns'

2. Using tools to build shared libraries

3. To upgrade or not to upgrade, that is the question...

4. vg in a single hard disk?

5. Kernel 2.2, to upgrade or not to upgrade???

6. core dump psinfo.pr_sname letter fix

7. command not found after RH 7.2 kernel upgrade via "Upgrade Agent"

8. AVM Ken

9. To upgrade or not to upgrade?

10. Upgrade to Redhat 6.2 fails: upgrade.log not found

11. To Upgrade or not to Upgrade??- Newmbie questions

12. To upgrade or not to upgrade?

13. egcs: to upgrade or not to upgrade?