NFS backup auto mount on client when NFS server fail...!

NFS backup auto mount on client when NFS server fail...!

Post by kean » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 17:31:03

Hi guys,

    I have 2 NFS (Srv1 and Srv2) , Srv2 is the backup of Srv1.
i have make an sutomount an NFS from Srv1 eg: /oracle to client
workstation.
    can i also "automount" Srv2 NFS eg: /oracle if Srv1 is
down?however, i would like to alway give Srv1 NFS priority compare to
Srv2.

Thanks in advance

keane

NFS backup auto mount on client when NFS server fail...!

Post by Mike Mille » Thu, 09 Aug 2001 21:21:54

Quote:> Hi guys,

>     I have 2 NFS (Srv1 and Srv2) , Srv2 is the backup of Srv1.
> i have make an sutomount an NFS from Srv1 eg: /oracle to client
> workstation.
>     can i also "automount" Srv2 NFS eg: /oracle if Srv1 is
> down?however, i would like to alway give Srv1 NFS priority compare to
> Srv2.

> Thanks in advance

> keane

You can specify two hosts in the automount table entry that will take
care of the problem. Something like '/oracle    Srv1,Srv2:/oracle'
This only works if Srv1 is not answering the request at mount time. If
you have mounted the directory and the server fails you will not switch
to the other system.
See the man page for more info.
--
Michael Miller
General Dynamics - Electronic Systems

"If all else fails - READ THE DIRECTIONS"

1. NFS client error : NFS write failed for server

Hello.

   I am using a Solaris 8 machine and working with an NFS remote file
system, when trying to copy big files to the NFS file system I am
getting the next errors :

NFS write failed for server shlight: error 5 (RPC: Timed out)
NFS write failed for server shlight: error 5 (RPC: Timed out)
NFS write failed for server shlight: error 5 (RPC: Timed out)
cp: /export/home/prod/import/a.tar: write: Connection timed out

I have a slow connection to the NFS server, I think that this is
causing my problems, is there a way to tell the NFS client on my
Solaris machine to use a bigger time out before aborting the operation
with en error ?

TX.
    hagai.

2. Kimberlite problem

3. nfs mount to a nfs mount fails

4. Make problem...

5. nfs mount problem: mount: can't get address for nfs-server.kauai

6. GUI with GLADE

7. Need info on PC/NFS and Unix NFS servers, server/client ratio

8. X will not start...Linux hates me

9. tar backup via NFS excluding NFS mount point

10. nfs clients don't see other mounts under nfs export

11. Awful NFS client perf. w/AIX NFS server

12. Tracing NFS Clients on the NFS Server ?

13. Poor NFS write performance from Linux clients to NFS Ver 3 servers.