KSLD(Kernel Source Line Debugger), Have you ever uesd this?

KSLD(Kernel Source Line Debugger), Have you ever uesd this?

Post by Hiroo~¢?¢ » Tue, 12 Jun 2001 10:50:22

Hi, All~~
I tried to debug a kernel driver using KSLD.
KSLD needs two systems, one is host system, another is client system.
Client system has no problem yet..
But host system has some errors..
Error messages are as follow;

=========
#ksld -gui -t aa m64
workshop: warning: child (pid 538) exited with 2
workshop: warning: MsgSnd::snd_via(): no port -- msg 'DBX_STACK_NOTIFY'
dropped
workshop: warning: MsgSnd::snd_via(): no port -- msg 'DBX_THREADS_NOTIFY'
dropped
fatal error: Surrogate::connect(): should only be called once per
construction if Surrogate_CONNECT_CHILD is used
Exiting. exit code 2
=========

Aafter this messages, all of workshop6 program's wondows are closed,, so I
can't debug my driver.

My systems' architecture is SPARC sun4u with Solaris 8.
this error messages show only on sparc systems.. not intel systems.

Do you have any experience like above?

KSLD(Kernel Source Line Debugger), Have you ever uesd this?

Post by i3bargo » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 08:07:00

Disregard the above message from me. I had this exact same problem with
KSLD. The way i fixed it was by adding our license server to the NIS
table. Our workshop licenses are on a remote server and if you use the
unix "truce" command on ksld you will see that actually you are having a
problem connecting to the license server. All we did was add the server
name ip address to the NIS table and that error was fixed.

Good luck.

  > Hi, All~~ I tried to debug a kernel driver using KSLD. KSLD needs two
  > systems, one is host system, another is client system. Client system
  > has no problem yet.. But host system has some errors.. Error messages
  > are as follow;
  > =========
  > #ksld -gui -t aa m64 workshop: warning: child (pid 538) exited with 2
  > workshop: warning: MsgSnd::snd_via(): no port -- msg 'DBX_STACK_NOTIFY'
  > dropped workshop: warning: MsgSnd::snd_via(): no port -- msg
  > 'DBX_THREADS_NOTIFY' dropped fatal error: Surrogate::connect(): should
  > only be called once per construction if Surrogate_CONNECT_CHILD is used
  > Exiting. exit code 2
  > =========
  > Aafter this messages, all of workshop6 program's wondows are closed,, so
  > I can't debug my driver.
  > My systems' architecture is SPARC sun4u with Solaris 8. this error
  > messages show only on sparc systems.. not intel systems.
  > Do you have any experience like above?

1. ksld/dbx problems (Kernel Source Level Debugger)

Hi,

I've installed ksld, did everything as it's written in
the README, and it works more or less. Makes the connection,
starts dbx and the gui, and then stops (that's probably
what we want - I don't have much experience in debugging..)
Then I would like to set breakpoints for my device driver,
but no matter where I put the source and the object files,
if I try to insert a breakpoint, dbx says:
cannot find object file corresponponding to '/sg/mydrv.c'
I've tried to put the .c and .o files virtually _everywhere_,
no change... The funny thing is, that trussing dbx doesn't
show where it is looking for the object file...
OK, then I tried to insert a breakpoint for a function in
my driver, then I receive:
Breakpoint Error: Warning: 'myopen' has no debugger info -
will trigger on first instruction
Of course I've compiled it with -g, no -O options... Even
tried -xs (which made my module 500k instead of 60k), still
no debugger info... Strange.

Anybody? Any ideas?

Thanx,
Zoli

----****<<<< Always look on the bright side of life ! >>>>****----

2. Solaris-Apache: a log files limitation?

3. Should I expect KSLD kernel debugger to be very very slow?

4. No PPP Connect

5. source line kernel debugger for unix?

6. ezppp helpme

7. Source level kernel debugger to debug a UNIX kernel remotely

8. Firewall blocks Squid

9. kgdb (kernel source level debugger) for 2.4 kernels

10. Linux Kernel source code, line by line

11. having trouble getting 'sed' to delete comment lines in source files

12. Source level Kernel debugger for HP-UX

13. Kernel level source debugger