LP subsystem problem

Post by Mark » Fri, 02 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hello,
I am running Solaris 2.5.1 on SS-5 and US-1 clients.
I have a HP 4000N using the Jetadmin software. It works fine until there
is a load
(read concentration of print requests) on the system. Then what happens
is it prints a
document with:

This job is recovered from page 152!!
(Note: There may be a few pages duplicated)

The print host does not report a error from lpstat -t
A remote host that was directing a print job to print host shortly after

this error condition reports a error from lpstat -t. Bouncing lpsched
locally
has no effect. Bouncing lpsched on print host clear the condition (that
was never reported)
and proceeds with outstanding print requests.

Is this senario familar to anyone?
Any work arounds?

Thanks

1. LP Subsystem

Is there a way to have aliases for a printer (like Sunos 4.x)?
Also, if you are setting up a remote queue using the admintool, you
must name the local queue the same name as the remote queue. Is there
a way around this?

Any insight into the lp subsystem would be helpful,
thanks,

--
Dennis Sacks

         at Info Enterprises

2. ssh connection through IPTables firewall fails. What's wrong?

3. How do you debug the lp subsystem

4. 1280x1024_and_16bpp

5. looking for replacement lp subsystem

6. Help with finding dups

7. Security Vulnerability in lp subsystem

8. Udma 66 and Linux

9. lp(1) suid to lp-Secure files fail.

10. #$%@! lp:Solaris remote lp failing

11. lp: unable to get major 6 - Initialization of lp failed

12. lp-init: no lp devices found

13. Modifying lp & lp sched