Can't have '-g' with g++ on x86

Post by Kareem Araf » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

   It it possible to compile debug  a c++ program under g++ for x86.  I have
Solaris 2.5.1 with gcc.2.7.2 and it complains about DWARF not being support?
Any idea's would be appreciated...

Kareem

1. Users having probs logging into Linux system, get '/home/...' doesn't exist.

I'm havina a problem with a linux system here that just developed
overnight.  Basically, users are unable to login at all, and when
attempting to login, they get a message saying 'directory
/home/<username> doesn't exist!', even though it does, and the
permissions are set correctly.  The problem doesn't go away if a
different kernel is used, and although there was some filesystem
corruption detected by e2fsck, fixing this had no effect.  It's starting
to look like the permissions on some file used in the login process is
incorrect, but I haven't been able to find anything out of the ordinary
yet...

If anyone has any ideas, could you please e-mail me?  Since this machine
provides most of my e-mail and news, I'm posting from a backup account,
and may not see followup responses.

Thanks in advance.

2. Question about Linux pipes

3. Solaris 2.1 x86 'controller wouldn't go idle' panics

4. Kernel Panic with Network Interface

5. 'double' or 'dbl' or 'dble', the disk space utilty

6. My hfsplus ipod has gone ro

8. How To Export Environment Vars to X?

9. What is 'stty', 'term' & 'tty'

10. Simple 'sed', 'awk', 'cut' problem

11. LinuxPPC99: 'INIT: ld ''x'' respawning too fast...'??

12. Can 'require' override 'allow'/'deny' (Apache)

13. Limiting 'w', 'top' and 'ps'