Unmounting a jaz drive

Post by Brian Kir » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I am able to mount my jaz drive and read and write to it but I don't
know how to unmount the jaz drive and eject the disk so that I might
beable put another jaz cartidge in the jaz drive and remount it...  If
anyone knows if and how that can be done I would appriciate any help
that someone might be able to offer.

Thank you,
Brian

Unmounting a jaz drive

Post by Gregory Gul » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I am able to mount my jaz drive and read and write to it but I don't
>know how to unmount the jaz drive and eject the disk so that I might
>beable put another jaz cartidge in the jaz drive and remount it...  If
>anyone knows if and how that can be done I would appriciate any help
>that someone might be able to offer.

Depends if you have it configured for use with vold.  If you're like
me and have vold handle it, the command to eject it is "eject rmscsi"

To make this work, you need to make sure this line was uncommented
in /etc/vold.conf and have restarted vold:

use rmscsi drive /dev/rdsk/c*s2 dev_rmscsi.so rmscsi%d

Just putting in a disk will cause vold to notice it and mount it.
To unmount it, just type "eject rmscsi" and vold will unmount it
and eject it.

If you're not using vold, you'll have to use umount in the traditional
way and umount either the mount point or the full device name.  To eject,
you type eject with the full device name.

Before I used vold, I mounted my JAZ disks on /jaz.  I unmoun it I
would type "umount /jaz", then to eject, I'd have to type
"eject /dev/dsk/c0t4d0s2"

--

Gregory Gulik

Unmounting a jaz drive

Post by Abdelghafour Sahraou » Thu, 10 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Is this a trikky question ?

Have you tried umount /jaz or something like that ???

Make sure no one is in the directory you want to umount.

fuser -cu is good to use if a process is using the jaz ...

good luck.