rcpbind: ticlts: cannot open ... Help!

Post by George Planans » Wed, 04 Oct 1995 04:00:00

On a Sparcstation 10, newly running solaris 2.4.,
rpcbind, and vold were running fine before a system
crash, but now we get:

  /usr/sbin/vold[237]: unable to t_open /dev/ticlts

  rpcbind: ticlts: cannot open connection: System error
  rpcbind: ticotsord: cannot open connection: System error
  rpcbind: ticots: cannot open connection: System error
  rpcbind: could not find loopback transports

Moreover our httpd now won't go:

  httpd error log:
   Unable to open socket for new process
   httpd: caught SIGSEGV, dumping core

I hopefully tried a reboot -- -r but the

didn't change their dates (shich remain that of the
solaris 2.4 installation) and the problem didn't go away.

I suspect a bad swap -a may have caused the crash and
so may have trashed something on the way to the tic devices.

Anyone tell me what's happening and how to fix it?  Can I avoid
reinstalling everything?

Thanks in advance,

George

--
George Planansky
Dept. of Biological Chemistry & Molecular Pharmacology

(617) 432-3919