Able to ping from server to remote but not from remote to server

Able to ping from server to remote but not from remote to server

Post by NewBi » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:16:18

Hi,

It was okay to ping and telnet from remote to server and vice-versa. After
the server rebooted (E450, Solaris 8) and now it was not able to ping and
telnet from remote, however, it can ping and telnet to remote servers.

Any pointer is appreciated.

Able to ping from server to remote but not from remote to server

Post by Jean-Louis LIAGR » Tue, 21 Jun 2005 16:35:29

NewBie a crit :

Quote:> Hi,

> It was okay to ping and telnet from remote to server and vice-versa. After
> the server rebooted (E450, Solaris 8) and now it was not able to ping and
> telnet from remote, however, it can ping and telnet to remote servers.

> Any pointer is appreciated.

This might be due to a mismatched network mask/broadcast address or a
  firewall running on the server side.

Snooping the network would help.

Able to ping from server to remote but not from remote to server

Post by love25.. » Fri, 24 Jun 2005 20:21:23

Seems to be an issue with the routing. check your default
gateway/netmask.

Able to ping from server to remote but not from remote to server

Post by os2ma » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 09:55:25

If both of the hosts are on your own network and are solaris ... you
may also want to check the /etc/hosts.equiv file.

Able to ping from server to remote but not from remote to server

Post by funtoos » Sat, 25 Jun 2005 19:24:30

Keeping the defaultrouter same for both machine might help.
Also, try to put ALL in hosts.equiv file.
But ofcourse, security would become a concern then.

1. FTP from remote server to 2nd remote server?

I'm looking for an application (Windows) that will allow one to transfer
files directly from one remote Linux server to a 2nd remote Linux server.

The reason being I have a new host for my site that uses a bulletin board
wih a lot of CGI files with different permissions. And if I copy down to my
Windows PC, then back up to a 2nd server it messes up all the permissions.
But I understand that if I copy straight from one Linux server to another,
all the permissions stay the same.

Any recommendations on applications that can do this...or better proceedures
I can use that will retain permissions?

Thanks!
Liam
druid -at- celticbear -dot- com

2. system clock delay

3. DHCP client not able to ping internet thru my linux NAT server

4. mail to: field

5. Network Problems - Remote Ping successful / telnet local successful / telnet remote failed

6. DHCP on sco

7. Remote Ping successful/telnet local successful/telnet remote failed

8. Newbie Intel Solaris 7 install

9. Can't ping remote servers

10. How can I log into a remote server and run X aps in that server?

11. Linux ppp server, remote IP given by DHCP server?

12. Web server executing shell scripts to remote servers

13. Help: Local server can't find remote server DNS