layered ssh calls

Post by Bu » Fri, 21 May 2004 02:33:11

I've got a script (script-a) which uses ssh to run a script (script-b)
on another system.  When I run script-a from the command line,
everything works fine; but when I run it via AutoSys the ssh process
does not go away on the host system.  On the target system, script-b
completes and exits normally and the target system drops the
connection, but the ssh process on the host system doesn't go away.

If that doesn't make sense, I can probably explain it better.

Thanks,
Bub

layered ssh calls

Post by aryzh » Sat, 22 May 2004 17:22:55

> I've got a script (script-a) which uses ssh to run a script (script-b)
> on another system.  When I run script-a from the command line,
> everything works fine; but when I run it via AutoSys the ssh process
> does not go away on the host system.  On the target system, script-b
> completes and exits normally and the target system drops the
> connection, but the ssh process on the host system doesn't go away.

Try to add -t option to ssh command.
Run "trap" command in script-a to see what signals does Autosys mask out.
Add your own handlers and redirect traps, if needed.

Regards,
Andrei

layered ssh calls

Post by Bu » Wed, 26 May 2004 02:18:55

> > I've got a script (script-a) which uses ssh to run a script (script-b)
> > on another system.  When I run script-a from the command line,
> > everything works fine; but when I run it via AutoSys the ssh process
> > does not go away on the host system.  On the target system, script-b
> > completes and exits normally and the target system drops the
> > connection, but the ssh process on the host system doesn't go away.

> Try to add -t option to ssh command.
> Run "trap" command in script-a to see what signals does Autosys mask out.
> Add your own handlers and redirect traps, if needed.

> Regards,
> Andrei

Thanks Adrei,

I'll try trapping and see where that leads.

I tried the "-t" right off, but that didn't work; "Pseudo-terminal
will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal."  Apparently
Autosys doesn't allocate a TTY when making it's call, and there's no
"-t" like option for Autosys...

-
John

1. too many setattr calls from VFS layer

new code in 2.5 VFS layer invokes notify_change to clear the suid and sgid
bits for every write request.  notify_change needs to optimize out calls
to ->setattr that don't do anything, because for many network file
systems, an on-the-wire SETATTR request is generated for every ->setattr
call, resulting in unnecessary latency for NFS writes.

diff -ruN 05-nfsroot/fs/attr.c 06-setattr/fs/attr.c
--- 05-nfsroot/fs/attr.c        Mon Nov  4 17:30:07 2002

        if (!(ia_valid & ATTR_MTIME_SET))
                attr->ia_mtime = now;
        if (ia_valid & ATTR_KILL_SUID) {
+               attr->ia_valid &= ~ATTR_KILL_SUID;
                if (mode & S_ISUID) {
                        if (!(ia_valid & ATTR_MODE)) {

                }
        }
        if (ia_valid & ATTR_KILL_SGID) {
+               attr->ia_valid &= ~ ATTR_KILL_SGID;
                if ((mode & (S_ISGID | S_IXGRP)) == (S_ISGID | S_IXGRP)) {
                        if (!(ia_valid & ATTR_MODE)) {

                        attr->ia_mode &= ~S_ISGID;
                }
        }
+       if (!attr->ia_valid)
+               return 0;

        if (inode->i_op && inode->i_op->setattr) {
                error = security_ops->inode_setattr(dentry, attr);

-

2. Adaptec 2940uw With Slackware 3.0?

3. layered device driver calls

4. RHS 4.1 SPARC 1+ boot challenges

5. How to send the packet from the link layer back to the upper layer?

6. Netscape CGI errors

7. multicast at the data layer (layer 2) non-flooding ?

8. >38400 bps serial on 5.0?

9. how to insert protocol between ip layer and tcp layer

10. Timestamp from Transport Layer or Physical Layer Packet?

11. can ssh-agent work between ssh-2.3 and ssh-3.5

12. what to call ssh

13. ssh and rsh hang after repeated calls