anybody used the commands syncinit/syncloop etc. etc.

anybody used the commands syncinit/syncloop etc. etc.

Post by Ajay Gup » Thu, 23 Feb 1995 08:28:51

   Anybody has used the comamnds syncinit, syncloop, syncstat and zsh in the
   solaris environment. Now do not tell me that read the man pages. I read the
   man pages, what I want to know is whether they can be used for
   tcp/ip testing, if not why are they placed under the inet directory.

   Any pointers, please email at the above address.

            "There's no such thing as gravity - the earth sucks."

1. CDE vs. /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow and /etc/group

Hi,
Can anybody tell me what happens to the /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow and
/etc/group when DCE is installed?
I've seen images of these files and seems like CDE adds users & groups
with funny names like 'hosts/machine/group' and
'subsys/dce/dts-servers'.

If this is the case, how do the Solaris commands (useradd/mod/del,
passwd, etc.) get along with these weird users/groups?

/* EagleEye Control Software, LTD., Tel-Aviv, Israel                  */
/* .. I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my        ..*/
/* .. lawyer thinks he can get me five.        (Steven Wright)      ..*/

2. RunTime Error

3. ssh chrooted enviroment WITHOUT /bin /etc /lib - etc etc in the users dir ?

4. MS still guilty!

5. 3.5 MO, zip, etc, etc, etc.

6. Ftape error: WRONG KERNEL VERSION

7. ps/1, Lilo, etc etc etc problems w/ instalation

8. diskless clients shutdown question

9. Looking for sample /etc/named.conf and etc/resolv.conf and /etc/hosts

10. LINUX, 3COM ImpactIQ, ISDN, etc, etc, etc...

11. Using /etc/hosts AND /etc/resolv.conf

12. 'host' command not using /etc/hosts?

13. using a command line with commas etc not expanded