EMERGENCY (sendmail)

Post by Gabe Grigores » Sun, 21 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I set up a DNS+...+etc server for entire domain (most firewalled).  This SS20
(sol 2.4) also needs to relay all the email to another (firewalled) host, but
even though the lines in sendmail.cf are set to (mailhost is defined in hosts):

# major relay host
DRmailhost
CRmailhost

mail bounced back (ie: it never relays the mail to the host which has the
accounts).  Also, email from the firewalled machine comes to this box which

Djdomain.com

is set in the sendmail.cf, it does not do so.  Mail comes out to the net as

--
        -gAbe

* Pgr: 510-770-7409 _._._._._._._._._._ my uclink.b.e account for more info

EMERGENCY (sendmail)

Post by Morry Ka » Wed, 24 Jan 1996 04:00:00

   > I set up a DNS+...+etc server for entire domain (most firewalled).  This SS20
   > (sol 2.4) also needs to relay all the email to another (firewalled) host, but
   > even though the lines in sendmail.cf are set to (mailhost is defined in hosts):

From the description given, I am not even sure I understand the
problem you are experiencing.  However, my stock suggestion is to send
a test message with sendmail using the -d1-99.99 option.  This will
cause sendmail to dump a semiinfinite amount of information about
everything it does.  You can follow the rulesets as they are eecuted
and find precisely how and why it is generating the addresses that it
is.

I solved this under Solaris 2.5 at our site by modifying ruleset S22
as follows:

Basically, this causes local names to use whatever you set for your
name in $j, rather than machine.domain that is generated from $w which
is the machine name and $m which is the domain name.
Morry Katz
Rockwell Science Center

(415)723-9510 (office) - NOTE NEW NUMBER
(415)694-9121 (beeper)

EMERGENCY (sendmail)

Post by Martin Spo » Thu, 25 Jan 1996 04:00:00

: I set up a DNS+...+etc server for entire domain (most firewalled).  This SS20
: (sol 2.4) also needs to relay all the email to another (firewalled) host, but
: even though the lines in sendmail.cf are set to (mailhost is defined in hosts):

Do you use original Sun sendmail ? Switch to sendmail.8.6.12 or above.

Martin.

Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just selective about who it's friends are.

1. **EMERGENCY*** CONFIG HELP Sendmail Redhat 5.0 Please help

I had hard disk crash and had to put another machine in for our domain very
quickly.  The original name of the machine
was named "test" and the domain is futurenet.net

I changed the /etc/HOSTNAME to neon from test which was the name of the
machine that went belly up.  The machine
that went belly up was running slakware.

Redhat 5.0 has the latest sendmail I am told.  Anyway.....

The problem is that all mail that comes to that machine comes as

work, can someone please tell me

Out mail is bouncing right and left, thanks very much for your help.

help).

Thanks very much.

Steve

2. Trn or strn on Solaris 2.6?

3. sendmail emergency

4. emacs for shell

5. Emergency help

6. Installing the GUI after the minimum installation

7. Emergency Help From You All in Logging Into The System

8. problems with prep install on Motorola Powerstack

9. Emergency Network Boot

10. emergency error (19)

11. Apache and Logging EMERGENCY question

12. Emergency boot floppy, OSR5, out of inodes on dev marry?

13. Update: Can't make emergency boot floppy