permissions

Post by Manuel J » Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

We have some proccess that must bu run as the database user, but want that
run it by the operator

process_a  (dbowner:group)
process_b  (dbowner:group)

I've tried a script that

$ pg proccess
process_a
process_b

I set user id on execution

$ chmod 4750 process

$ ls -la process

-rwsr-xr-x   1 dbowner   group          103 Aug  9 16:24 process

but when I run the 'process' with user operator don't have permissions.
What's the mistake?

Thanks
Manuel

1. Permission Woes - can't add write permission

I am trying to have Netscape use the Mail folder on one of my DOS
partitions, so as to keep all the mail in one place. This works fine for
root, but as a user Netscape can't do this because the user lacks write
permission for the file. Not surprising so far, but no matter what I
try, I can't add write permission for this set of files for "anyone" but
the owner, root. I have fooled around with groups and alternate users,
tried the graphical permission, console 'chmod', but nothing ever
changes. I never get any errors, just no result. I found a place to
change root's ability to make changes from 700 and put 777 just to see,
but even then, nothing. How can it be that root can write to these
files, but cannot bestow permission on "anyone" else?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. HP 35470a scsi data drive

3. Is it possible to have execute permissions without read permissions?

4. Mach 32 svgalib problems..

5. How to reset permissions on file with no read permissions

6. Unable to read Burned CD with 2 of 3 drives. The Drive that reads it, is the slowest of all three. How is this possible?

7. Do group permissions always override permissions for other (both more and less restrictive)?

8. porting SGI/Sun/NeXT apps

9. file permissions/permission execution

10. how to set file permission for a vfat partition

11. resetting permission through script.

12. NFS, NIS and file permissions

13. file permissions PLEASE HELP