listing package content

Post by David Haje » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 18:22:20

Hi,

it is possible to list package content? I mean all
files which belong to the specified package - ala
rpm -ql <package> ?

Thanks.

-David

listing package content

Post by Jean-Luc BEAUDE » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 19:07:29

David Hajek a Ycrit :

Quote:> Hi,

> it is possible to list package content? I mean all
> files which belong to the specified package - ala
> rpm -ql <package> ?

> Thanks.

> -David

Well i think that pkginfo -l should do the trick !

Try a man pkginfo...

Jean-Luc B :O)

listing package content

Post by David Haje » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 19:11:08

> David Hajek a Ycrit :

>>Hi,

>>it is possible to list package content? I mean all
>>files which belong to the specified package - ala
>>rpm -ql <package> ?

>>Thanks.

>>-David

> Well i think that pkginfo -l should do the trick !

> Try a man pkginfo...

I do not think pkginfo can do the trick. When I run
pkginfo -l <package> , I get only package description.

I'd like to get the full pathname listing of all files
which are the part of the package - like

Package1 contains:
   /usr/lib/file1
   /usr/lib/file2
   /usr/lib/file3
   /usr/bin/file

Is this possible?

Thanks.

-David

listing package content

Post by David Hayne » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 19:27:54

Quote:> Hi,

> it is possible to list package content? I mean all
> files which belong to the specified package - ala
> rpm -ql <package> ?

> Thanks.

> -David

fgrep <package> /var/sadm/install/contents

assuming that the package is installed on your system.
Otherwise, look in the prototype file for the package.

-david-

listing package content

Post by Tan Zheng D » Fri, 07 Jun 2002 23:27:44

> Hi,

> it is possible to list package content? I mean all
> files which belong to the specified package - ala
> rpm -ql <package> ?

> Thanks.

> -David

Try pkgchk -v SUNWany

--
tzd.

1. how to list a package contents

Is there a way to list all files owned/shared by a package.
I have studied 'pkginfo' man page but none of its options
(-l, -x) does not seem to give a list of files.

thanks in advance for any hints,

regards, Michal Szymanski

--

  Warsaw University Observatory, Warszawa, POLAND

2. transmit FIFO underflow on TRU64 v5.1

3. Content of Packages

4. need help with X on Umax 345T laptop

5. Contents of an RPM Package

6. Installation Verification Scripts

7. package contents

8. 4.7-RELEASE: Installation hangs

9. Finding contents of SUNW packages ?

10. AIX 4.3.3: Which package contents 'make' utility?

11. Debian: CD-ROM contents onto HDD: Packages.gz?

12. Looking for list of RH 8.0 content per CD

13. How do I list the contents of directory