Disk Mirror fail

Post by Martin von Allme » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

i've frequently problems with a second mirror auf a disksystem. On a few
systems one mirror frequently fails. I can detach the bad mirror and
reattach it and it works for a few day's/month's. Normaly i change the
disk but it's realy not on just one system. could it be, that this is a
configuration/softwareproblem ? normaly the second mirror fails if i do
a lot of read operartions like a backup.

--
Best Regards

Martin von Allmen       (This Mail is 100% Microsoft Free)
(Tel. 061 903 14 17)    (RTFM,HTFS)
(fax. 061 903 14 16)

  mva.vcf
< 1K Download

Disk Mirror fail

Post by Philip Bro » Thu, 27 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>--------------2E399294E03D100FABC65D7E

>i've frequently problems with a second mirror auf a disksystem. On a few
>systems one mirror frequently fails. I can detach the bad mirror and
>reattach it and it works for a few day's/month's. Normaly i change the
>disk but it's realy not on just one system. could it be, that this is a
>configuration/softwareproblem ? normaly the second mirror fails if i do
>a lot of read operartions like a backup.

You have a flakey disk. It WILL FAIL permenantly. replace it soon.

And please turn off your "vcard". Its a waste of space, and creates the
extra header mess you see above.

The word of the day is mispergitude