sybase server pegs cpu on sparc 20/solaris 2.4

sybase server pegs cpu on sparc 20/solaris 2.4

Post by Aditya Talw » Tue, 24 Oct 1995 04:00:00

After upgrading to Solaris 2.4, about 2 weeks back, we are seeing
that Sybase dataserver pegs the cpu to 90% even when nothing
much is going on. During the migration to solaris, as recommended
by Sybase, I have applied patches 101945-32 and 102020-07 (KAIO module
patch), along with whole lotta of other patches.
This is on single cpu sparc 20 machine. I am checking
this behaviour using proctool.

Has anybody else observed this? Is there other specific patches
required by solaris 2.4 + Sybase.

thanks in advance
aditya
--

1. How to syncronize a Sparc 20 (Solaris 2.4) to a Network Time Protocol Server ?

Hello,
Please can anyone help:

I want to syncronize our SparcStation 20 (Solaris 2.4) by time with
that we have always the right,syncronized Universal Time.
I heard about Network Time Protocol Servers out there, and that
you can then do a cron command.

But I really don't know how exactly how this will or can be done.
Or are there any other suggestions for this question ??

Help and suggestions greatly appreciated.
Please email-me or post to: comp.unix.solaris.

Thank you,

--- ECGS -European Center for Geodynamics and Seismology    ----
--- Rue Josy Welter 19          L-7256 Walferdange, Luxbg.  ----
--- tel   : +352 336130         fax   : +352 336129         ----

2. Problems installing software

3. xterm pegs CPU on Solaris 2.4 and 2.5 (and a 2.3)

4. ftp and hardware control problems using ppp

5. Apache claims wrong architecture on Sparc 20, Solaris 2.4 or 2.5

6. Email system's Case Sensitivity

7. archie/talk under Solaris 2.4 on Sparc 20 -- Anyone????

8. understanding Aurora

9. Setting up Solaris 2.4 on VT100-Based SPARC 20/712MP Console

10. SPARC 20 + Solaris 2.4 for $5 only

11. a couple cmdtool questions on solaris 2.4 (sparc 20)...

12. Pager Software for Solaris 2.4 -Sparc 20 with Internet

13. SOLARIS 8 - SPARC 20 - DUAL CPU - Only one recognized