Help! Cannot compile gopher2.016 on Solaris 2.3

Help! Cannot compile gopher2.016 on Solaris 2.3

Post by Vinay Gup » Mon, 11 Jul 1994 13:14:45

Hello everyone,

I've been trying to be a good Solaris user by keeping /usr/ucblib
out of my LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Unfortunately I now find myself in a
position where I can no longer compile the gopher client and server.
Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to do this. I'd much
rather not have to go in and hack any code. I am using gcc 2.5.8
on a Sun SparcServer 10, running Solaris 2.3

Thanks,

Vinay
--
<A HREF="http://shakti.trincoll.edu/~vgupta/">Vinay Gupta</A> or <p>
<A HREF="http://cs.indiana.edu/finger/trincoll.edu/vgupta/w">Finger Home</A><p>

Post by Harsha Prem Kum » Wed, 13 Jul 1994 03:20:06

>Hello everyone,

>I've been trying to be a good Solaris user by keeping /usr/ucblib
>out of my LD_LIBRARY_PATH. Unfortunately I now find myself in a
>position where I can no longer compile the gopher client and server.
>Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to do this. I'd much
>rather not have to go in and hack any code. I am using gcc 2.5.8
>on a Sun SparcServer 10, running Solaris 2.3

>Thanks,

>Vinay
>--
><A HREF="http://shakti.trincoll.edu/~vgupta/">Vinay Gupta</A> or <p>
><A HREF="http://cs.indiana.edu/finger/trincoll.edu/vgupta/w">Finger Home</A><p>

Well, I guess I was a bad boy and used /usr/ucb/cc and could compile gopher
with no problems.

BTW, why should a good solaris user NOT use /usr/ucblib?

We are also using a Sun SparcServer running Solaris 2.3

Harsha Kumar

1. gopher2.016 menus

I have gopher2.016 compiled with FreeWAIS3.0 support on a Linux 1.2  [C [C
system.  In my gopher-data directory, there are 4 files and two subdirectories.
I have defined each in my .names file.  The subdirectories are defined as
items 2 and 3.  When I run client, all items appear correctly on menu,
but the subdirectories are repeated again as items 7 and 8.  It appears
that the subdirectories are listed again as part of the default listing
of files and subdirectories within a subdirectory.

How do I prevent subdirectories which have been defined in my .names file
from listing again at bottom of menu?  Thanks.

-ron
--

2. Trouble with print queue

3. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link problems

4. file access question?

5. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link Problems

6. gdb - aliases

7. Help compiling gcc 2.5.8 w/Solaris 2.3 (SunOS 5.3)

8. IDE CRC errors

9. HELP: compiling ispell-4.0 on Solaris 2.3 with gcc 2.5.6

10. Compiling Gnuplot 3.5 for Solaris 2.3: Please Help

11. Help with Pageview under 2.3 (Re: Display Postscript X Solaris 2.3)

12. Help to compile tcsh under solaris 2.3

13. Compiling stuff on solaris 2.3 - help and sites