rpc.nisd exits abnormally

Post by HU » Wed, 22 Jun 1994 10:26:37

We are running Solaris 2.3 on a Sparc Center 2000 with most of the patches
installed.  The machine is configured as a NIS+ server.  From time to time,
the process "rpc.nisd -r" exits abnormally, especially right after reboot when
the process is started from /etc/rc2.d/S71rpc.  We then restart the rpc.nisd
manually and everything will work fine then.  Does anyone have any idea what
happen, or what patches are we missing?

Another question is : can we compressed patch files in /var/sadm/patch 'cause
they are eating up a great deal amount of disk space?

Any suggestion is welcomed.  Thank you very much for your kind attention!

Sandie
----
Sandie Hui
API, CC
City Polytechnic of Hong Kong

voice : 852-788-8293

1. install exited abnormally

Hi All,

    I figured this one out.  The install program (Anaconda)
can not handle more than one scsi cdrom drive.  So, shutdown,
power off, unplug the power to all but one scsi cdrom
drive -- the one with the install disk in it.

   And, try again.  After installation, shutdown, power off, replug
the cdrom drives, power backup.  All your extra drives will
appear in /dev  (/dev/scd0, /dev/scd1, ...).

HTH,
--Tony

2. Window Maker 0.51.0 Program Menu

3. Printer feedback from PostScript printer using piobe?

4. Install exited abnormally -- recieved signal 11 Newsgroups

5. Shell

6. While installing RedHat 5.0 : "install exited abnormally -- recieved signal 11"

7. Registers on Sun/SPARC

8. fvwm causing Xsun to exit abnormally

9. signal 7 Instal exited abnormally

10. install exits abnormally - recieved signal 9

11. RH7.3 & RH7.1 install exits abnormally

12. Redhat 5.1 -- "Error 2 reading header: Success install exited abnormally...reboot."