any good solaris magazines?

Post by Chris C » Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:48:39

I've been reading the Perl Journal for a few months now, and I really
like it. Is there a similar Solaris magazine (monthly preferred, but
I'll take whatever is out there) that any of you guys is reading right
now? Actually, any Unix magazine would be good. I keep up to date on
the newsgroups and such, but its always nice to have print just to
kick back with when your offline. Any suggestions would be
appreciated, thanks a million.

any good solaris magazines?

Post by Greg Schi » Mon, 30 Oct 2000 13:02:32

I get the Sun Journal.  You should be able to sign up on Sun's web page.

> I've been reading the Perl Journal for a few months now, and I really
> like it. Is there a similar Solaris magazine (monthly preferred, but
> I'll take whatever is out there) that any of you guys is reading right
> now? Actually, any Unix magazine would be good. I keep up to date on
> the newsgroups and such, but its always nice to have print just to
> kick back with when your offline. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated, thanks a million.

any good solaris magazines?

Post by Steve Ka » Tue, 31 Oct 2000 03:18:25

The SunWorld (online) magazine is pretty good.  www.sunworld.com

Steve

Quote:> I've been reading the Perl Journal for a few months now, and I really
> like it. Is there a similar Solaris magazine (monthly preferred, but
> I'll take whatever is out there) that any of you guys is reading right
> now? Actually, any Unix magazine would be good. I keep up to date on
> the newsgroups and such, but its always nice to have print just to
> kick back with when your offline. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated, thanks a million.

any good solaris magazines?

Post by Adam Selen » Tue, 31 Oct 2000 02:26:25

cch>
cch> I've been reading the Perl Journal for a few months now, and I really
cch> like it. Is there a similar Solaris magazine (monthly preferred, but
cch> I'll take whatever is out there) that any of you guys is reading right
cch> now? Actually, any Unix magazine would be good. I keep up to date on
cch> the newsgroups and such, but its always nice to have print just to
cch> kick back with when your offline. Any suggestions would be
cch> appreciated, thanks a million.

"Inside Solaris". I use it all the time for administrative chores. Think
of it as distilled Sun documentation. You can freely view public articles
at http://www.elementkjournals.com/sun/

-Adam Selene