Q. X11 version

Post by neville see » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to find out what version of X11 is
installed on Solaris systems.

thank you

1. Upgrading to 4.6.2...X11 config in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11 or /etc/X11?

During the next week, I plan to upgrade my machine to 4.6.2.  When I
installed the installation of X11 that I have now, I built it from
source with the ports tree, and it put the config files in the normal
location /usr/X11R6/lib/X11.
        However, I'm aware that in the past, FreeBSD has packaged the
X configs to go into /etc/X11, and I also remember that back when I was
running 4.4 on a different machine, the port asked you before the build
which of the two locations you'd like your X configs to go to.
        What I'm wondering is this:  If I do the upgrade, and have it
upgrade my X-Window installation, is it going to be smart enough to see
which place to look for my configuration?  I like freedom of choice with
things like this, but I hope the package tools are keeping all this
freedom in mind at upgrade time.

Anybody done the upgrade already on a machine with the configs in /usr?

--
|-+{ Brent A. Busby  } +-|  "Elstree...? Remember me? I had a part in |

|-+  Normal, IL  (USA) |-|   history. Look at me. Now I work for the  |
|-*  FreeBSD UNIX 4.5  *-|   BBC.   Life is not what it used to be."  |

2. test

3. X11 version in 2.5?

4. have to create new FS no space in VG

5. Has anyone ported the X11 version of Gnuplot3.2 to Linux 0.98?

6. Further Refined Bionic Basketball Accurizer Hand Brace and Gloves

7. ANNOUNCEMENT: New version of X11-only AnswerBook docviewer available

8. Posting an Article using the trn

9. X11 version for Solaris 2.3

10. SLS 1.01 X11 apps say incompatible libm version

11. X11 Protocol Compressor - dxpc version 2.0.1 released

12. X11 version of GNU Emacs available at tsx-11.mit.edu

13. X11 compressor - dxpc version 0.9.2 released