Simple way to creat a window

Post by Stefan Panto » Sat, 22 Jan 2000 04:00:00

I am writing a small application for my dad on a Sun WorkStation and I
need to create a window which I can draw into. What is the simplest way
of making a window in C which well also compile on a Silicon Graphics
running Irix (Don't know the version)?
It would be a help if you could direct me to some example code to if you
would!

Thank you Stefan

1. Top 10 ways to remove Windows from your PC...

: >Ah, but *this* way is much more satisfying:
: >
: >  Linux# mkfs /dev/hda1 ...
:
: Oh, please.  The MINIX fs is sooooo limiting.  Only a little better than 8+3.
:
: #mke2fs /dev/hda1

Does this extended filesystem incorporates all the improvements from the
fast file system (berkeley) ?
Specifically, does it has ?
        - bitmaps instead of free list
        - blocks and fragments
        - cylinder groups
        - etc ...

On a related topic, the last version of SCO has also loosed the 14 char
limitation in file names, and added symbolic links.
Does anybody knows if they have also incorporated the other changes?

: THAT's satisfying.

--
   Rui Salgueiro     |   Dpt. de Matematica    |"It's so easy to laugh

" 'He deserves death'.                         |     and kind" - Morrissey
  'Deserves it! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some that
die deserve life. Can you give it to them ? Then do not be too eager to deal
out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.' "
        Tolkien - The Lord of the Rings

2. AIX 3.2.5 system rejecting logins from all but root...

3. How to route Windows DSL packets BOTH WAYS to Linux?

4. Linux Kernel lock

5. Changing window resources after window created

6. C/C++ and Linux

7. creat, open, read, write simple prog prob

8. Can't boot new FBSD install...:-(

9. Simple Question about creating partitions

10. creating my own simple e-mail handler

11. creating a simple password in linux?

12. Dennis Ritchie -- He Created Unix, But Now Uses Microsoft Windows

13. Need help creating .z/.gz files with gzip on Windows