IMAP server for Solaris

Post by Robert McGra » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am looking for IMAP server software for Solaris 2.X.

Please pass along any information.

Thanks

Computer Systems Manager            VOICE:   (505) 434-7038
National Solar Observatory/SP       FAX:     (505) 434-7029
Sunspot, NM 88349 USA               WWW: http://www.sunspot.noao.edu

IMAP server for Solaris

Post by Michael David Jon » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

>I am looking for IMAP server software for Solaris 2.X.

Sun markets a high-capacity one called SIMS.

Advocates rest content that they argued well; deciders must live with
their decisions.

IMAP server for Solaris

Post by Timothy J. L » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

|I am looking for IMAP server software for Solaris 2.X.

Look at http://www.imap.org for information on both free and
commercial IMAP servers.

IMAP server for Solaris

Post by Aleksandar Milivojevi » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> I am looking for IMAP server software for Solaris 2.X.

Sun sells something called SIMS, and IMAP server is part of it.  In
SIMS 2.0 there were two packeges, one was POP3 server (no license
needed) and IMAP server (you need to obtain (read buy) license for
this -- with solaris server edition comes single-host license).  SIMS
3.x is much more complex product with much more complex licensing, and
if you only want IMAP server it is probably a bit oversized for you.

--

                  Opinions expressed herein are my own.
================================ooooO=Ooooo==============================

IMAP server for Solaris

Post by Alan L. Stang » Wed, 25 Nov 1998 04:00:00

See http://www.imap.org/

You're looking for ftp://ftp.cac.washington.edu/imap/imap.tar.Z

--

IMAP server for Solaris

Post by arborwe.. » Sun, 29 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Sun supplies version 2.x of its pop3 and imap server on the Internet
Extensions Cd supplied with the Server pack. However, version 2.x has
some security problems that are corrected with version 3.x. This
version, however, is bundled separately and must be purchased.

>  I am looking for IMAP server software for Solaris 2.X.

> Please pass along any information.

> Thanks

> --

> Computer Systems Manager            VOICE:   (505) 434-7038
> National Solar Observatory/SP       FAX:     (505) 434-7029
> Sunspot, NM 88349 USA               WWW: http://www.sunspot.noao.edu

1. IMAP server on Solaris 7?

I am installing Solaris 7 and noticed that the CDE environment supports
accessing mail from an IMAP server but I couldn't find anything in the
Solaris installation the provided an IMAP server in the installation to
server the mail.

Is there a Sun IMAP server I should get/run? Are there concerns running
a third party IMAP server such as the one with pine?

Thanks!

--
Eric Williams

2. oki4w printer not detected

3. Good IMAP server for Solaris?

4. FreeBSD 4.1 & (HylaFax + Netscape)

5. IMAP server for Solaris 2.3

6. fork() question

7. IMAP Server for Solaris

8. Is there Solaris PowerPC edition?

9. postfix + cyrus IMAP: central sent-mail folder on IMAP server

10. IMAP Server for Sun Solaris ?

11. UofW IMAP server + Solaris 2.6 dtmail

12. howto: Mail from ISP to my router/server, into a IMAP server

13. Public access to Cyrus-Imap server residing inside the private network