No VTOC

Post by ehabaziz2.. » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 03:52:06

to avoid that message in installation . Is low format to hard drive can
solve that problem ?

No VTOC

Post by Andrew Gabri » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 04:33:18

Quote:> to avoid that message in installation .

When?
What platform?
What disks?

Quote:> Is low format to hard drive can
> solve that problem ?

No.

The installation process will label the disk, which will solve the problem.
If it's coming from a disk which you aren't installing on to, then label
the disk using format(1M) (or fmthard(1M) for a lower level utility).

--
Andrew Gabriel

No VTOC

Post by ehabaziz2.. » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 05:10:06

When?
at inititial installation I do not reach the step that Sol recognize
and option me where I want to install my Sol I mean before that step
that it gave me choices of Hard Target ?
What platform?
Sol 8 intel
What disks?
I have an old Windows installation on hard. If you have advice pls give
it me from windows environment I can not do any thing from Sol.

No VTOC

Post by Ian Collin » Tue, 11 Apr 2006 06:17:31

> When?
> at inititial installation I do not reach the step that Sol recognize
> and option me where I want to install my Sol I mean before that step
> that it gave me choices of Hard Target ?
> What platform?
> Sol 8 intel
> What disks?
> I have an old Windows installation on hard. If you have advice pls give
> it me from windows environment I can not do any thing from Sol.

Can you please learn to quote? <http://cfaj.freeshell.org/google/>

Have you even tried to boot form the Solaris media?

This is starting to look like a long running troll.

--
Ian Collins.

No VTOC

Post by mir.. » Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:12:59

just ignore it. you have a new disk

1. Not Available these Signal nos on Linux

Greetings,

The following macros are there on AIX  but not on Linux.If we have
on Linux pls  suggest me how to use(say path) or tell me alternative?

#define SIGDANGER 33    /* system crash imminent; free up some page
space */
#define SIGSAK    63    /* secure attention key */
#define SIGSOUND  62    /* sound control has completed */
#define SIGKAP    60    /* keep alive poll from native keyboard */
#define SIGGRANT  SIGKAP /* monitor mode granted */
#define SIGRETRACT 61   /* monitor mode should be relinguished */
#define  F_CLOSEM       10/**on AIX /usr/include/fcntl.h****/
#define _D_NAME_MAX 255

Thnaks in Advance
Sudhakar Reddy.N

2. Strange Color Schemes w/RedHat 5

3. CD-RW: CDFS? Unstable dev nos?

4. New User Login Problems

5. NOS shootout

6. how to make xdm look better?

7. Seeds for random nos.

8. Problem with KDE and FBSD3.4

9. faster NOS: NetWare or Linux?

10. Software to read NOS/VE backup tapes

11. Help: What is best NOS/platform for Oracle?

12. Unix <-> NOS