Snapshot tool and private color maps

Post by Gary Goc » Tue, 02 May 1995 04:00:00

I'm having trouble with the snapshot tool in Solaris 2.3 and SunOS
4.1.3 (in OpenWindows).  When I snap certain windows or a region inside
certain windows, the snapshot tool displays messages about dithering
from 24 to 8 bits per pixel, and about adding colors to the color map.
When the snapshot view is opened, it has a private color map, so it
always looks correct even if other apps subsequently*up the color
map.  So far, so good.

But not all windows do this, and not all the time.  In other words,
sometimes the snap window doesn't get its own color map, even if I use
the delay feature to move the mouse so that the correct color map is in
effect when the snap actually occurs.  I need to be able to snap
windows and be sure that the colors will be correct later.

Can someone explain how the snapshot tool works to set the color map of
the resulting snapshot?

Thanks,
Gary

1. frames go black on 8-bit color private color map

Hi
In RH8.0, on a display with 8-bit color
under gnome, a program with a private color map
turns the window frame to black text on a black frame.
This is horrible as you can't see anything, e.g. in order
to do a close, resize, etc.  Is there a way to change this
to say white text on black frame?

Thanks
Roger

2. lp spooler

3. Private Color Map with Solaris App under Redhat session

4. freebsd_4.4 + ipfilter_3.4.20 + ipv6 = headache for me

5. Help with private color map

6. Z-shell Frequently-Asked Questions

7. Must create private Color Map

8. Mounting a remote filesystem

9. Private colour map - how?

10. snapshot tool on solaris 2.8 with a pci bus has color problems

11. JFS2 AIX 5.2 snapshot: consistent snapshot for multiple file systems

12. any tools to get a snapshot of a sun server?

13. Help: Map private IP to public IP