webserver

Post by Rinaldo Merl » Thu, 13 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I am running a webserver on a Sun Ultra10 using apache. It is only
accessible on my corporate intranet. One problem is really hindering it.
If I alter a page (like index.html for instance) people don't see it
until the press the Refresh button on their browser. This is despite
whether they've been logged out or even had their computer switched off.
There is only one option that seems relevant int he apache config file -
that of telling proxy servers not to cache documents that that is set
correctly. Is there anything else I can do?

webserver

Post by Chuck Dougla » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> I am running a webserver on a Sun Ultra10 using apache. It is only
> accessible on my corporate intranet. One problem is really hindering it.
> If I alter a page (like index.html for instance) people don't see it
> until the press the Refresh button on their browser. This is despite
> whether they've been logged out or even had their computer switched off.
> There is only one option that seems relevant int he apache config file -
> that of telling proxy servers not to cache documents that that is set
> correctly. Is there anything else I can do?

Turn off the cache on their browsers.  This sounds a lot more like
a browser problem than a server problem.

--

     "I don't pretend I have all the answers/Just the obvious ones"
                    --_Backbone_ by Baby Animals