Solstice Admin Suite 2.2 on Solaris 8

Post by hsnr.. » Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:24:45

Hi,

   I have one doubt, is it possible to install Solstice Admin Suite 2.2
on Solaris 8. Since I dont have the new version of Admin Suite I am
trying to install the old one.
   In fact I tried installing, it gave me this following error message.
I am trying to install with an user belongs to 'sysadmin' group.

ERROR: Host appears to be either a diskless or dataless client.
This installation cannot update a host with a read only /usr filesystem.
Please see documentation for configuring diskless or dataless clients.
WARNING: Skipping installation of this host.

Thanks
Ravi.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Solstice Admin Suite 2.2 on Solaris 8

Post by Ravi Adap » Thu, 21 Dec 2000 04:28:30

Hi,
Youy can get latest disksuite from the following site
http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/adminPack/

> Hi,

>    I have one doubt, is it possible to install Solstice Admin Suite 2.2
> on Solaris 8. Since I dont have the new version of Admin Suite I am
> trying to install the old one.
>    In fact I tried installing, it gave me this following error message.
> I am trying to install with an user belongs to 'sysadmin' group.

> ERROR: Host appears to be either a diskless or dataless client.
> This installation cannot update a host with a read only /usr filesystem.
> Please see documentation for configuring diskless or dataless clients.
> WARNING: Skipping installation of this host.

> Thanks
> Ravi.

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

1. Solaris 2.5: solstice Admin Suite ....

The Admin Suite included in the server distrib of Solaris
2.5 is - as mentioned in the F install papers - complaining
about the missing licening server.

Is it just a warning or does this also include, that some
day the licence (demo) run out and I have to buy one.

If so (just a temp license), how do I setup diskless clients
(or something like this)? Where are the scripts?

FvD.

(Under Solaris 2.4 this could be done with the swmtool/admintool).
--

[ University of Karlsruhe, Markus Weber, Parkstr. 17, 76131 Karlsruhe,Germany ]

2. .cshrc and .login

3. jumpstart with solstice admin suite

4. sar - 0% idle

5. Solstice Admin Suite

6. AWE64 PnP problems

7. mounting cdu31a cdrom on 1.1.35 kernel

8. Solaris 2.2 Perl : DBM and CPP test suite errors

9. How can I get Solaris Admin Suite for Solaris 8 (x86)

10. Solstice AdminSuite 2.2 and Solaris 6

11. Solaris 2.6 with Sybase 11.0.3 and Solstice Disk Suite 4.1: Advice/Problems??