Multi-user CDE blinks black and white with no screen, HELP!

Multi-user CDE blinks black and white with no screen, HELP!

Post by Patrick Anderso » Thu, 10 Jun 1999 04:00:00

I boot to single user no problem and can ping the network.

When I run 'init 3' to enter multi-user mode the screen just blinks black
and white with no graphics.

This is a new machine which was configured at the home office by me using a
different monitor with an SVGA type connector.  Everything went very smooth,
CDE worked, DHCP worked, etc.  When the machine got shipped to my location,
I got a new 17" monitor with one of those adapter 13W3 plugs and a converter
cable.  I have not worked with Solaris in a couple of years.  I don't
believe a monitor change would cause this problem, but I could be wrong.

I'm running a new Ultra 10, with a Sun/NEC 447L monitor.

Has anyone got any ideas here?

1. Sol9: CDE: how to flip dtterm to white on black, yellow on black, ...?

Subject: Sol9: CDE: how to flip dtterm to white on black, yellow on black, ...?

I read over the dtterm.man, and it appears you have
to learn a book or two's worth of X11, just to simply
reverse the video.

Any *easy* way to do this?

Like a key-stroke, maybe?

(I don't understand X11, and I surely don't want to
have to, what with so much *other* stuff to keep
up with just to get the computer to do "Hello, world!" :-( )

Thanks!

David

2. ppp

3. Console-Screen-Blanking: black chars on white screen

4. post failed

5. Black Screen, White Square, Help!

6. How to post an article to groups?

7. Screen blanker (Black iso White)

8. Blew Away BootStrap with NT RESTORE??

9. X loads, mouse works..but just a black& white screen

10. Soln: Mouse pointer lacks white border (black pointer on black background)

11. Why Screen saver is white not black?

12. X loads, mouse works..but just a black& white screen

13. X-term screen color -> white on black