Sun certification information required

Post by Kunwar Asif Maso » Fri, 19 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Salam to all

Does any one know about the sun certification programs for solaris system
administration? if yes then please give me some details i-e name of the
program, test centers, links for more info etc.

Thanks in advance
Kunwar Asif Masood
CresSoft

Sun certification information required

Post by miSOFT Enginee » Sat, 20 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Yes, I know. To get Sun's Certified System Administrator (CSA) you need
to pass two tests administered by Sylvan-Prometric.  The number for them
is 1-800-EXAM.  they can tell you where the nearing testing center is to
you.

The two tests are based primarily on material covered in Sun's courses
SA-135 and SA-285.  It is not necessary to take the course. It is only
necessary to pass the tests. Be sure to ask for the CSA type of the
exams.  There are other types for reseller certification to Workgroup
level.  The tests usually run $150 US each.  Take a look at our website
(www.misoft.com) and go to the education section and look for the course
descriptions for 135 and 285 for an idea of the material covered. I have
nearly the entire cataloque on-line now.

HTH

Mike

--
***use my first name at "misoft.com" for replies***
Mike Couvillion, Sun Enterprise Systems Engineer         O-