recall commands using up arrows

Post by Alan Coopersmi » Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:48:05

|Does anyone know what command to include in .cshrc/.login/.profile in
|Solaris box so I can use the up arrow to recall the previous command.  I
|have included
|this command "set editmodes=emacs" in tru64 Unix and it works fine, but not
|in Solaris.  Any ideas?

It depends on your shell - tcsh, ksh, and bash all support it, but with
different configuration options, sh & csh do not.

recall commands using up arrows

Post by -- mouse - » Mon, 29 Oct 2001 17:14:10

Quote:> Does anyone know what command to include in .cshrc/.login/.profile in
> Solaris box so I can use the up arrow to recall the previous command.  I
> have included
> this command "set editmodes=emacs" in tru64 Unix and it works fine, but
not
> in Solaris.  Any ideas?
> Thank you

set -o emacs
Bash has this by default, think ksh by default is set -o vi so you have to
ESC then j or k etc

recall commands using up arrows

Post by Tinti » Mon, 29 Oct 2001 19:58:58

[snip of question separated posting in multiple newsgroups]

Please read http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/usenet/xpost.html

1. recall command using up arrows

Does anyone know what command to include in .cshrc/.login/.profile in
Solaris box so I can use the up arrow to recall the previous command.  I
have included
this command "set editmodes=emacs" in tru64 Unix and it works fine, but not
in Solaris.  Any ideas?
Thank you

2. timer.c

3. recall commands using up arrows

4. password prompt twice

5. Command recall using arrow keys

6. perfmeter on Solaris 9

7. Up & down arrow to recall commands

8. Logical Volume is Busy.

9. up arrow to recall last command

10. Where is up-arrow for command recall turned on?

11. Arrow key - recall last commands

12. command recall with arrow keys

13. How to make the up arrow and down arrow to keep the command history?